Joystick Controller

I have the same exact problem with mine not staying in the correct mode and it is also wireless.

Nothing of use came back in the two emails I received from EMS.

So I will try Onefinity after the holidays next week. It’s working just
a PITA and it shouldn’t have to be that way.

Maybe there is a way to lock it into Xinput mode. I’m thinking the controller
appears to the gamepad as a Android tablet and that is why it jumps to
Android mode when you boot up or sometimes when it wakes up.

This is the last email I got from EasySMX.

Which model do you have and did you get it from Onefinity?

1 Like

I got my Journeyman with wireless joystick in the last couple weeks too. I’m also having the same problem with the wireless controller mode sometimes switching back to ‘android’ mode (bottom two LEDs). It seems like the longer it is left off, it’s more likely to revert to this mode. As others have said, it needs to be in Xinput mode (top two LEDs) to function properly with the Onefinity.
It would be great to be able to lock this mode in.
Alternatively, if this is now the default behaviour of the ‘official controller’, then the firmware should be updated to work in ‘android’ mode.

3 Likes

I too have the same issue.
Woodworker X-50 received in mid-January 2022.
Joystick controller doesn’t remember the selected mode after restarting the CNC.
Onefinity Support pointed me to Official Onefinity Joystick Controls (How to changes modes) and suggested updating the firmware in the dongle using the instructions in the link.
Unfortunately the updater doesn’t recognize the dongle when it is plugged in so I have been unable to update the firmware.

I was going to try updating from my PC.

If anybody is interested in repurposing their XBOX controller, I can confirm that it just works.
I plug mine in directly with a long USB cable into the OF controller.
I do not have to change modes and all axis are controlled (including different speeds) as expected.

Technically the controller supports Bluetooth as well, but that would require a dongle for the controller and some sort of pairing, which I haven’t tried yet.

4 Likes

Were you ever able to figure it out? I just set mine up and the same thing is happening to me, it takes me a minute to hold the button down to get it to the top two blue lights and I don’t know how to default it to that

I was fed up with having to configure the wireless joystick controller every time I turned on the CNC so I finally bought a wired joystick controller from Amazon.

Problem solved.

1 Like

I use wired as well to avoid losing the wireless joypad all over the shop and a wired connection is always more reliable… Plus when using Wifi be aware the wireless joypads out there use the 2.4Ghz frequency spectrum which is the same as the Onefinity controller Wifi network so it could be contributory to interference issues and Wifi network stability issues. I’ve been troubleshooting Wifi in college dorm buildings with an x-box in every room for many years, it is a thing.

@Borgorl nope. not at all.
@Michael_M which one did you buy? Im over it and just want a wired one now if it means i dont have to take 1 minute every time i boot up my machine.

1 Like

@vozproto ​I purchased the “Wired Controller for Microsoft Xbox 360, Game Controller with Dual-Vibration for Xbox 360/360 Slim and PC Windows 7, 8, 10. (Black)” from Amazon.ca (I’m in Canada) for $24.99 CDN.

Brand: YAEYE
PN: YAEYE-128161556

1 Like

Logitech F310, I think it was $16 on Amazon

Thanks guys.
I’ll try the logitech first simply for the name. Hopefully it means it will be reliable so I dont have to deal with buying another controller in the future.

1 Like

Hello S.radev359,
Here’s a link to the manual for the ESM-9013
It’s listed under item 4 on the webpage.

https://www.easysmx.com/pages/download-driver

I’ve been using the Logitech F710 controller for a little over a month now and it keeps randomly losing connection. Often it loses inputs or just gets stuck at for example left or right. I cannot return this any longer (i have gone past the 1 month’s return leeway), but I do warn new purchasers that the wireless connectivity is not great at all. I have tried new batteries and several different USB ports on my home set-up but the same issues arise.

2 Likes

I should have seen this sooner😡

Can you please share how you made it work to control the z axis?

It worked natively for me. It is the other joystick (I think the right?), not the one used for X and Y.