Makita trim router

Hey Pony, hey all,

yes, one good video is this one:

2 Likes

I just ordered one of these to replace my Makita (to help sell my old CNC). Do you still like it? I hope to play with it a little this weekend.

Love it! Never have a problem, never gets hit
Pony

1 Like

I goofed. I got the OpenBuilds one. I tried to get the MakersMade but they were back ordered.

Thanks for the fast reply.

You will have to let everyone know how that one is
Pony

1 Like

I was able to play with the Open Builds RoutER11 CNC Kit. It has the ER 11-A collet. Comes with 1/4, 1/8, 3mm and 6mm collets. I did order some more nuts and a collet set to hopefully make changes quicker.

I put through three ‘projects’: First cutting some Black Walnut with a 1/4 EM at 110ipm, 0.3 per pass with 0.5 ramp in down to 0.7. Minimal chatter, bit and router did great. I was expecting it at the end to be hot like it was with the Makita (that I would never run that speed with) but it was minimally warm.

The next project was a simple surfacing of an engrain Ash cutting board. It had been in the clamps since last sunday. Alot of the tape was stuck to it, cut at 0.3 at 120 40 step over and it did not even know it was working.

Last project was a juice groove for said cutting board. (Making for wife). I used a 1/2 diameter bowl and tray but that I thought was dull. No problems at all clean cut. I ran it at 80ipm 0.5 plunge.

All of the above was done at 17000 RPM. I could have pushed it hard but decided not to just to get my feet ‘wet’.

Over all impressions: Quieter than the Makita not by alot but lower town vs the high pitch. I feel better about let the machine go a faster. I am very happy with this purchase as a bridge to a spindle. I ordered on a friday and it was at my house Monday.

1 Like