Masso G3 build - Tangential knife success with Sheetcam

Beautiful Rodger you’re using vcarve Pro or aspire

I am using vcarve desktop. I just downloaded the .stl from thingiverse and imported it into vcarve desktop

Does the vcarve desktop have the rotary option available when you’re setting up your material or are you doing it as a flat object

Yes it has the rotary option

1 Like

Ty
Man I can’t wait to morning

1 Like

Let me know how it goes

Of course, thank God I dont have your phone number, I’d be waking you up, GB

1 Like

Update, the A axis jerks instead of spins, please help, almost there…

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17xq0r8mEvtWnJmfV42Zt33pb2uetcH1X/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ci13YAnF1PN176YZCCvmTjczG8FG06f1/view?usp=sharing

Can you post the file you are carving here? Post the vcarve file and the gcode you sent to the controller and I’ll look at them

Ty

RotaryMartinezTest.crv (939.5 KB)
V-CarveMartinez0260.ngc (119.5 KB)

Have you tested the axis with just MDI commands - just to make sure it is not wiring/connections?

Yes I have G0A360 1 turn G0A1200 5 turns

1 Like

To give a update for the forum benefit cuz I’ve been communicating with Rodger via email and it isn’t posted here everything works fine with the rotary with the settings he gave for the post processor that he modified the issue that I was having was poor wiring my wiring had a lot of residue from the tape I restripped and cleaned the wires reconnected them everything is working perfect once again thank you everybody on this forum and to inform you rotary carving is possible with with the onefinity God bless

3 Likes

Congratulations. Thank you for providing the follow-up. Perseverance, and knowledgeable and supportive forum members are a great combination. A few obligatory project photos I assume will now be shared of your first rotary projects (-:

1 Like

Thank you mr. Toronto I believe all congratulations however are do to The Forum we must give honor where it is due as far as obligated to share photos of course that’ll be our honorable pleasure must be patient though cuz now I’m trying to figure out how to cut out on my table an area to mount the Rotary attachment to where I can maximize the length of what is being turned as of now there isn’t much space as soon as that’s done for sure as far as laser goes I have lasers on ink pens and cups already using the post processor Modified by Rodger God bless

1 Like

Any updates on this? Thank you all for sharing! I definitely want to add this rotary option to my setup in the very near future!!!

1 Like

It would be great if someone could pull all this learning into a guide for 1F rotary conversion. Any takers :slightly_smiling_face:.

I want to give rotary axis CNC a go. I am torn between a masso controller upgrade (which would also eradicate “the dust in air-intake” challenges of the buildbotics controller"), but it looks like a significant assembly job vs repurposing one of the buildbotics drivers as above.

2 Likes

Hey Andy,

I think I am a little away from putting something into action at the moment, but regarding using stock controller for rotary axis, Roger posted this the other day

1 Like