Myers Woodshop beta test

I take it by now most of you have seen the short video clip of Ben Myers with the larger spindle on his Onefinity. If this is going to become a reality, does anyone know when the larger mount will be available? My machine doesn’t ship until January so if this is going to become a reality, I would strongly consider the upgrade before installing the Makita router and then having to upgrade not long after.

3 Likes

Same boat. Hopefully soon

2 Likes

Any updates on this?

Adding to the question queue.

Before discovering by chance a youtube video of Myers Woodshop on the OF, I was about to buy a classic CNC model that best fits my hobbyist need to know how to work soft metal first and foremost and wood occasionally. My choice was a 9060 (90x60cm) spindle 2.2kW 220v. I flashed on the innovative design that inspired OF robustness, solidity. But on the other hand, when I looked at the whole thing, there was something wrong, which is still not right. What is this router so small, so little powerfull, for a machine that looks so robust? I saw ton of video, but it was the first time that I saw a router on a cnc of this size, I have always seen spindles on smaller cnc, certainly because I am interested mainly in milling metal. I see that it suits most of OF users, but I am bothered that we cannot mount a 80mm spindle yet. It’s as if we had limited the potential of this design. I should receive the OF in March, and it would be great if I could change the 65mm mount by the 80mm, as the OF team announced working on this evolution. I therefore will wait as long as possible before order a simple 1.5kW spindle, …hope…

1 Like

I watched the ‘teaser’ video again showing the 80mm spindle. I am really curious as to how well it is working, especially the rigidity of the whole spindle assembly. Given the increased mass and body length of the larger spindle, I would think that the proportionately narrow width of the clamp would experience a fair bit of force when a bit is worked through harder material such as hardwoods and aluminum. I wonder if any flex is being observed, and whether a larger mount will be needed for this larger spindle.

1 Like