New Acorn controller enclosure completed

Just finished up with a much needed controller enclosure upgrade. The old one was just a mess. This one is subject to some additional updating once I receive my new monitor. It will only be about an inch larger, but will have better resolution for the requisite 1920 x 1080 as specified by Centroid. When that is complete, the keyboard may or may not still be attached to the front of the enclosure as it is now.

Edit: updated with pics of new monitor.

Lots of pics, because we love our pics!

7 Likes

Nicely done- so compact! I recently finished putting an Acorn-based control box together and really enjoy it over the BB controller.

2 Likes

Thanks Adam! I have never run the BB controller other than powering it on to initially test my machine. But I love the Acorn & CNC 12 software, it’s got such a professional feel to it. The Acorn board hooked up to my Gecko G540 has been a dream to run.

1 Like

I initially inquired to order my 1F without the controller, but I decided to give it a try. I ran it for about 2 years. I’m also running a G540… for now. Clearpath AC servos are the way forward, but that’s an upgrade that will have to wait a hot minute. Totally agreed with you on the CNC12 software. The only thing it seems to be missing is an countdown timer for job completion but I’m very happy with it.

2 Likes

Yes, a countdown timer would be nice. Also, my ‘Trail’ function where it highlights current & completed progress of the running program has not worked in the last 2 updates.

1 Like