Onefinity CNC Firmware 1.2.1 (2/8/23) (X-35/X-50 machines w/ Buildbotics Controller) (Outdated)

Just make sure your formatting with SDFormater and not windows or another OS. With that there’s zero chance of any old code getting left behind in all the bits.

1 Like

I have a new empty card so you are thinking if I put the new update on the new card it will help. I’m more looking to get back to a full clean 1.09 build

1 Like

All full sd images are always on the GitHub. They end in .xy

2 Likes

THANK YOU!!! We appreciate ya!

1 Like

Thanks so much to the support team. Back on 1.09 and feeling fine. Have a fresh flash of the 1.2.1 that I’ll save for a rainy day that I suspect will work fine after the sd clean up.

1 Like

Unfortunately it still happens. It tried to run one of the default programs on me again tonight, despite me carefully checking that it was showing the right program as being loaded.

I also had it randomly take a deep z dive into my spoilboard when I was trying to stop a running program from my laptop. No idea why. It’s almost like it was getting spotty instructions from my computer, maybe poor Wi-Fi connection briefly. Had a hell of a time getting some basic spoilboard carving going tonight, but finally seemed to get it working. Very frustrating evening.

I have a video of the file loading not selecting the one I just uploaded, but not one of it running the wrong file, except the aftermath. I’ll try and get those posted.

Hey, when you changed to 1.2.1 did you do the upgrade or full SD card image? If you did the upgrade what version were you on prior? If you did the full image did you format the SD card clean via SDformatter or if another way which way?
Also did you ever at all upgrade past 1.0.9.

I did initially upgrade to 1.1.1 (didn’t check the forums to know that was a bad idea.)

I flashed to 2.1.0 RC3, and then reflashed to 2.1.0 final.

I never formatted the card at all. I figured the raspberry pi imager must be taking care of that. I’m on a Mac. I can format with disk utility. I can’t think why that would be a problem as long as I match the existing format. Would that be ok?

1 Like

There have been reports of issues with SD card. I personally recommend using SDFormatter (there is a Mac version). Run it. I even go to the level of removing the partition and repartitioning. Probably not needed. I can find no supporting info that rasbpi imager formats the card and does a data wipe. Try that or a brand new card. 64gb cards are cheap I use the high end ones

Help me decide on this product: SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO® microSD™ UHS-I Card with Adapter C10, U3, V30, A2, 200MB/s Read 90MB/s Write SDSQXCU-064G-GN6MA https://a.co/d/bxPQPIf

3 Likes

Will do, thanks!

Btw I tried taking off the back panel the second time I flashed it, and mine won’t pull out far enough to access to card.

1 Like

I’ve never tried from the back

Hey bobspryn,

do you mean the panel with the connectors?

Is this a Onefinity Controller with a power pushbutton instead of the older power rocker switch?

I received my x50 in early January and it has been running fine but I am now having problems since the upgrade to Firmware 1.2.1. I am using a file that I have been using on the previous version to cut side panels of geometric shapes for a lamp. Since this upgrade, the machine appears to randomly shift on the x,y axis while cutting, ruining the wood. I have made 5 attempts, two of which are successful the other 3 have been ruined by the shift in the cutting. It is becoming expensive exercise These are expensive maple boards and I can’t afford to ruin anymore. How do I roll back to the firmware version that it was previously running?

2 Likes

It is. It was hard to tell which wires were impeding further movement. Maybe the power switch.

Hey bobspryn,

I think it has to be the power button, since it goes directly to AVR Mainboard (and this is what you pull when you pull the panel with the connectors). The advantage of the pushbutton is you can remove its back portion with the wires, but of course only by opening that panel. Maybe that is the reason why they made the wires of power button shorter than on rocker switch. If you open the panel with the push button, and remove its back portion like shown in the this video, do you have any additional other wires being too short to access the SD card?

EDIT: Just realize they produced two new videos on how to access the SD card, separately for pushbutton and for rocker switch version :slight_smile: Now the panel with the connectors is recommended to be loosened in both situations (rocker switch version video / power pushbutton version video).

3 Likes

That’s what I was planning on trying next time! Excellent. Thank you.

I have read through here a few times, and maybe I missed it, but I see info on going from 1.0.9 to 1.2.1, as well as instructions from 1.1.0 etc…

But I don’t see info going from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1.

I flashed SD a couple months ago, did 1.0.9 which went great. Then updated to 1.2.0 which also went great. Thank you.

Is there a big change from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1? Or is 1.2.1 just the official firmware? Ultimately my question is should I update from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1?

Thanks!

Just confirming, but my machine running 1.1.2-alpha.1 is indicating that I can update to 1.2.1 via web download. Are you saying not to do this, but instead remove the physical card from the controller and flash?

per the text above, reflash

3 Likes

Always reflash if you are using beta firmware.

2 Likes