Onefinity CNC Firmware 1.2.1 (2/8/23) (X-35/X-50 machines w/ Buildbotics Controller) (Outdated)

Ok, just flashed the card with 1.2.1. Booted, did the reset and restarted. Seemed fine until I tried to shut down so I can remount my controller (big hassle), and got this. Switched the controller off, rebooted, tried to shut down again, and this problem happened again.

Yep same thing is happening to me. I was told it was ok. It appears the screen if frozen mine actually appears to be shut down when this happens but happened each time i shut down. This is what they sent me. Still should not happen. I always shut down properly and boot up properly and this only has happened since the reflash.

[Proper Shutdown on the Onefinity CNC] If the screen does not shut down after powering down and flipping the power switch: There are times when the controller will stay on after flipping the rocker switch to off or, in the case of the led push button switch, it won’t power off the controller. This is a rare phenomenon but does happen from time to time. What is happening is that the screens power is ‘back feeding’ it’s power through the USB cable that’s connected to the controller

1 Like

Okay update, my Errant Z move was NOT firmwares fault… it was mine. In a happy coincidence I had a camera running and verified I did not re zero after a tool and path change.

I will delete my previous post

4 Likes

I purchased the network adapter you (Onefinity) said to purchase. I am less then 5 feet from network now and sometimes my network appears, sometimes it does not. But no matter what I do, selecting it and entering the password does not work because after hitting ok and letting it reboot, there is no network connection.

Also, issue with 1" not being 1" (short by .005") on an earlier post I did a couple weeks ago still exists (when I was using 1.1.1). There is no change

So how bad really is 1.1.1/2 ? I had no issues with it but I upgraded to 1.2.1 in order to hopefully eliminate the accuracy issue. I’m ok going back to 1.1.1/2 if you guys are, What do you think? Kinda need my network to work. :- )

1 Like

Network fixed!
All I did (out of frustration) was move the USB adapter to another USB port. Now it works perfect!

Fix

However, another tiny issue: When I went to zero the Z axis, after touching the bit to the touch probe and hit NEXT, it just sat there. Canceled and tried again, no change. Rebooted, back to normal. This was something that occasional occurred under 1.0.9

3 Likes

When I cut again I’ll check my 1” , have you tried changing to conventional milling? Climb milling can cause issues in certain circumstances.

Everyone here is talking about going back to 1.0.9 it was pretty rock solid.

The touch probe issue has been around forever and I’m not sure why they haven’t squashed that bug.

1 Like

I liked 1.0.9, but the network was buggy. I really liked 1.1.1 and I had no issues.
I will give conventional cut a chance tomorrow.

Thanks Troy!

2 Likes

It’s quite possible I messed up the zeroing somehow, being quite new to all of this. I would imagine we should chalk my issues up to that unless others start experiencing the issue. I’m currently drilling holes in my spoilboard without issue.

2 Likes

My upload button is periodically unavailable since the update. It will randomly allow me to upload via the browser UI, but I only get about 2 seconds to select the file before it randomly becomes unavailable again.

1 Like

This is not enough for us to do any bug fixing.

For all issues, please include:
Detailed, narrated video of the issue.
Files included in the issue.
Video/process to repeatable have the issue.

1 Like

I have seen this if I stop a cut in progress, then often I can’t get back to a happy state. I saw this yesterday in 1.2.1. I was in a carve. Hit pause. Then hit stop. I was able to jog, make an adjustment to my material and wanted to start over with the same file I stopped in. I went to zero the Z using the touch probe, it hung as you described.

I just realized that this happens because its stuck in a jogging state and its not allowing me to do anything. I have to e-stop the machine for me to be able to progress.

1 Like

Ah yes, please see this:

3 Likes

Same I’m back to 1.09 as well with the new update on a new card for a rainy day.

Try killing the power to your joypad. I can’t say why as I have no clue but when my machine gets stuck in jogging killing the power on the joypad puts my controller in a ready state. Has for some time. I’ve always thought it’s because I use an aftermarket Amazon controller but it may help you out here to try that

2 Likes

This appears to an issue since upgrading to the new firmware never got it until now. Machine ran fine today cutting fine. Shutdown might be an issue. I have tried several times same thing.

2 Likes

again, this is not an ‘issue’ rather than how it’s always been since version 1.0-1.0.9 and now 1.2.1 (since it’s built off of 1.0.9).
It’s normal with a rocker switch style controller:

3 Likes

I have updated to this 1.2.1 software. A couple of observations so far. There is a great amount of lag when pressing play, so much so it seems that an input wasnt received. I pressed play again, and then the next popuo finally appears, at the same time that the machine started running the program. I didn’t get the pop up before, it just did nothing.

Second issue, I am getting the onefinity screen, and it says booting. Then a black section appears and it has all sorts of messaging saying kernel panic. It won’t completely shut down. And for reference, yes I do have a power blocker on the input from the touchscreen.

The black text is normal see previous posts, especially if you have the rocket style power button