Polycarbonite dust boot

Hello, I’m brand new to this and very green to CNC machines but excited as I have ordered a new Onefinity Woodworker X50. I’m trying to get things prepaired before my machine arrives and now I’m down to almost the last thing…A dust boot. I’m using the Makita router with mine. I have read about so many types and I’m just not sure what to get. I have seen that some suggest a polycarbonite type which is more plyable. Just would like to do it right the first type by using everyones proffesional experiance.
Thank you for any help you can give me.

Hey Keith,

I assume you have read What is the best dust boot for the Onefinity. It also contains links to threads where users described which material they used for the replacement shields, like here, here, or here. Polycarbonate can be stiff or flexible, but even in its stiff form, it has advantages over acrylic. For different types see TPU.

Welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

Thank you for the info, it helped a lot!

Thank you for the input. There are so many here that are willing to help. I have decided to try the Dustimator © for Bob’s Quantum out and see how it works. I’m so looking forward to learning from everyone here.