Post up them projects

Come on people, I know some of you have had your machines for a while. Post up some projects already for some inspiration for the rest of us that are still waiting.

3 Likes

Hey Grant… A lot of Onefinity users post their projects to their personal/business IG or FB accounts. If they tag us we put it up on our IG or FB page… Here are the links… https://www.instagram.com/onefinitycnc/
https://www.facebook.com/onefinitycnc

Maybe we should start a contest to get more people posting their projects here?

4 Likes

It can’t hurt!
This is for 20 characters…

1 Like

Let’s wait until 331 is delivered! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just a test piece im working on

8 Likes

Very Nice work Jake… love the LED and multiple depths.
-Alex

That’s sweet Jake. Did you make the light base also?

Finally got some time to make progress on a couple of projects. My son got involved and he designed his own version of a sign base on TY. I took his design and shrunk it down to fit mine.

5 Likes

Nice collaboration with your son. I really like the extra line of acrylic between the pieces on the base. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Completed quite a few projects.
Numbers a 5 inches tall the board is 8" x 14"
Wood is red oak

Catch all tray 6" tall.

Few 5" letter names
image image

Alphabet / Montessori Board 15" x 9.75" x .25"

7 Likes

Nice looking work Frank

1 Like

After doing a few little simple V-bit things, I tried this
It’s about 13" high.
and 12 hrs. later lolllll

11 Likes

At the bottom you can see where I started the finishing pass, (1"+/-). I had to stop because I had entered the wrong feeds, but I had to press E-stop and reboot because somehow the stop/pause froze the Z. Basically resulting in loosing the XY reference.
So I eye-balled it, (haven’t received my probe yet!! Hint Hint :wink: and ended up being off by about an 1/8 in the Y.

That looks awesome Chris, love the graing and how it flows thru the leaves.

That is impressive - you must be pleased with the end result. The OF will be my first CNC. May I ask what software is required to create such a carving? Also, where did the design come from - did you create it, or are files such as this available online?
Tom

Thanks Grant,
and Tom, I’m far from being an artist!!! and it’s very time consuming to create a 3d image like that, but rewarding when you do. I do have a full-time job (cnc machinist) owner/operator on extra large machines.
I was lucky enough to find a generous person on Pinterest that shared his/her files for free. I imported the file into an older version of Vcarve (I think) and a few clicks away the file was created.
I followed a Vectric/Stepcraft tutorial on Youtube , very well explained, and to be honest, It’s too easy, almost like cheating :wink: The software does EVERYTHING as far as G-code is concerned.

2 Likes

Really digging the Tron like theme on the acrylic light, very nice!

Wedding sign:
Text 3d modeled in Aspire
1/16th tapered ball nose finish pass only (no roughing pass)
Poplar wood from Lowes & finished with Odie’s Oil
~ 9"X20"

13 Likes

That’s Beautiful :slight_smile:
what were your feeds/Speeds?

Thanks! 300imp & 150 Plunge.