Post up them projects

Thanks! Yes my wife and I are the owners of the company. Just us for now but have plans for growth in the future. For all of the wood sections I envisions an army of 1F machines running these off. For now I am milling the aluminum with my Machinist model as well but will need to invest in a proper VMC (Haas most likely) when demand increases sufficiently. I do everything from concept through to manufacture. I am thinking about starting a second business doing just that too. Prototyping etc

2 Likes

Carveco Maker coming in clutch again for this 3d Relief

90 day Carveco Free Trial here:

• Yeah the 1F Post processor is pre-installed and it lets you save the gcode and carve during the trial!
5 Likes

Great projects! Really inspiring thread! I am empowered, thank you!

I’ve been using Fusion360 to parametrically carve elliptical bowls based on available scrap sizes, but I took this one a bit further to spice up the design a bit. Now to figure out how to make it parametric…

Carved from eastern red cedar with a tooled vegetable tanned leather inlay. The machine settings need a little tweaking to eliminate the stair stepping around the leather insert and I had to sand 1/8" off the top lip of the bowl to eliminate some chip-out that occurred when I machined the back side. But otherwise, I’m pretty happy with how it came out.

I cobbled together a YouTube video, but I’m not done editing it yet. I’ll share it here if anyone’s interested once I upload it.

22 Likes

That’s really nice! Look forward to your video…

1 Like

Well, here it is. I’m sure I got some of the lingo wrong, but my typical audience is all leatherworkers and holster makers. Hoping this video does well on my channel, because I’m really tired of making holsters…

14 Likes

I’ll trade you some leatherwork for some fusion 360 assistance lol

Was your logo engraved with the cnc or laser etched?

Here is a project I completed a week ago. It didn’t use the 1F heavily and could have been done without it, but where is the fun in that? Lol

6 Likes

It was laser engraved.

Awesome work and video!

1 Like

Thank you! I had fun making it. Didn’t reach a very broad audience, unfortunately.

First go at some polycarbonate. I engraved the text mirrored on the back so the writing surface is smooth!

6 Likes

Interesting, great idea with the mirror text. Is that for use with a dry erase pen? How clean did the poly cut? I’m assuming you have to have the router speed pretty low to allow so it doesn’t melt or burn?

More van conversion stuff. I could not find magnetic cabinet door latches that I liked that were not horrendously expensive so I made some on the 1f from scrap. I am entering the home stretch on the build out and I’m starting to use the CNC for more and more things with the finish work. It’s great to be able to just build custom parts in my garage and have them immediately! So far I’ve used the CNC for around a dozen things and when we get to the point later this month where we start filling the cupboards and drawers is going to be used for pretty much everything.

10 Likes

Yeah, regular dry erase markers or glass specific markers work even better.

It cut very well. I used an 1/8" 0 flute upcut bit for the holes and profile cut and I ran them at 18000rpm and 4000mm/min. Those are the feeds and speeds I use for most (softer) hardwoods without issue too.

The below pic is “as cut” no flame polishing.

3 Likes

Had my machine about a month. Here’s a few things. 28"x12" Maple and walnut cutting board with 9" strainer inset with juice groove. Custom coaster holder for my bro in-law (whos a boxer).
Maple, Walnut and Padauk with oak ring posts. Not totally finished and still gotta string the ring ropes and make the actual coasters. Lol.

5 Likes

What laser are you using?

9 Likes

I have a Bescutter Versa 150 watt 36" x 52". Love it! Recently upgraded to it from a smaller Rose Graphix (Bescutter) 600mm x 900mm 90 watt fixed bed machine.