Post up them projects

Test cuts. Text was afterthought so wasn’t great but the 3d design looks legit.

2 Likes

In an attempt to declutter the desk for video conferencing, I have built an arm for my secondary monitor. It friction-fits over the lighting mounting arm, freeing some space on the desk and giving me more height adjustability.

This was also my first project using Fusion 360. So it was a great learning experience in addition to the practical use.

8 Likes

Got this file from the facebook group to make for my son. 90degV 120/60. Painted the MDF before the carve.

1 Like

Something slightly different had to cut a about 12 radius curves for decking project something that I would have done on the jigsaw. But with the 1F it was easy and repeatable!

15 Likes

THIS is spectacular! Congratulations on your craftsmanship.

This is awesome! Very impressive!

is that adjustable? Very cool!

Yes, over the length of the tube. Thanks!

Simple plaque for friends 50th who’s into land rovers!

Done on 8mm acrylic, learnt from forum that it needs to be cast not extruded but came out with out to much clean up and happy with the detail.

Also learnt acrylic chips stick to everything!

6 Likes

Cutting board sample. 12x18

5 Likes

Few more projects completed with the CNC. A few coasters, an elevated dog feeder and another cutting board. None of these are overly impressive however using the CNC to cut out the holes in the feeder and the juice groove/finger holds on the cutting board is a life saver. Never worried about burning the wood with router bit, or the router pulling away, always perfect.

7 Likes

Not quite perfect, but I’m pretty happy with it for my first attempt.

10 Likes

More precision parts for Xometry.

4 Likes

Really nice work Rob.

Thank you very much!

I have officially joined the “carve an aztec calendar” club - the wife was impressed with her birthday present (she’s a Marvel addict). 1" pine, out of a 24" circle from Lowe’s.

For the next one I do, I think I’ll try MDF - the pine just didn’t hold some of the finer detail that well.

6 Likes

Custom cribbage board order. Black Walnut

1 Like

52 HOURS? What did the neighbors say?

“The Dog Father”
16x18 Epoxy in epoxy vcarve inlay. This was an experiment that worked better than I had hoped. Detail is pretty unreal.

This was a white pour epoxy that was vcarved then flood filled with black. Last was a surfacing pass and then sanding to bring the image out.

11 Likes

That’s amazing! Most photo-realistic carve I’ve ever seen.

1 Like