Post up them projects

A quick test on the rotary carving with the onefinity. A small Vader Bust in a scrap piece of wood.

16 Likes

Wow, really cool and excellent results!
Please describe the mods to your system or, if you’ve already posted it, point to the location of that info.

Edit:
Oops, I found your post on the rotary in another thread…something more for me to entertain!

3 Likes

Well, now you done it and spent some more of my money!! Seriously, very nice and interesting work. Thanks for posting.

3 Likes

Wow! This is pure art!!! So beautiful! Great job!!!

Not 100% done but I would like to share. First Inlay and first real project for my 1F. Its a maple end grain cutting board with walnut inlay. I cant wait to see how this turns out. I feel pretty confident it will turn out great. If not, its a great learning experience. I did a test fit out of MDF first and I’m glad I did. I forgot to “flip” the design in Vcarve so consequently it did not fit right the first time! I will post the finished product as well… good or bad!

9 Likes

First inlay complete. Still have some fine tuning to do. I don’t know if its insufficient clamping or what, but I had quite a few areas with voids. :man_shrugging:

18 Likes

@ PaquetteWoodworks

Now that’s cool!

1 Like

Looks great!! I’ve used sawdust mixed with glue to help with the voids in the past. this looks incredible though, love the end grain!

3 Likes

I am a newbie to CNC. I received my machine on the 10th Sept and hurried to complete an important project for a good friend that died last February. His widow ask me to put together a urn for him, something I have done by hand carving but never with a CNC. I leave the harsh/wet winters in the Northwest and snowbird in Arizona, so this project must accompany me south to be given to the widow. The machine worked flawless and the few errors were on me. What I learned more importantly was node editing and feed-rate. The wood used was ash. I will attach these pictures while I prepare to head south without my Onefinity Woodworker (sad day)!

18 Likes

Ok, nothing too special… but… (customer) can you fix my shoe rack? (Me) not a chance, but how about this? (Red oak legs, maple tiers, and maple with a flash of walnut for the seat…).

The Onefinity is getting a workout lately… again, nothing special… :crazy_face:

Soaked in mineral oil at the moment…

10 Likes

Beautiful work Arnie, amazing job. I’m sure the urn will be cherished.

Gerry, I like that slat design. A great looking rack and a great example of using the CNC in regular woodworking projects. Just a “slight” improvement over their old rack.

Thank You Josh! Heading south with my laptop to design and ready myself for my return next April. I need to work on node editing !

Before leaving for Arizona I had to try one last project for a dear couple celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary, so I tried a stacked letter format. This is my 2nd project with this amazing machine and I wish it could fit in my car but that is where my wife put her foot down! Thanks for all contributions to this forum which I follow closely!

4 Likes

I’m sure I’ll be coming back here to ask you questions about stacked carving, looks good!

Made this for one of my friends who is the Athletic Director at our old high school, just grabbed the png files from the schools style sheet, and using Easel converted them easily.

11 Likes

I like the center devider part holding the bottles in. Where did you get the design for the beer Cady?

I liked that more as well vs other designs. Here is where I grabbed it: [Six Pack Tote | Inventables]

1 Like

I’ve been downloading files meant for 3D printing and making some nerdy stuff lately.

13 Likes

@BuiltByBittle
I just watched a documentary on the making of “Aliens”… and this thing immediately reminded me of that!
Cool!

@tenflyer
Yes… you can send that over right away… almost quitting time!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

First carve one my machine

9 Likes