Post up them projects

Thank you Kyle!!! Again great work!

1 Like

Nice work! I’m in Kelowna, nice to see another 1F maker in the area :+1:

First real project I’ve done. Cape Breton in curly maple. Flaws, yes, it ain’t perfect, but it’s a start!

10 Likes

Here are two projects I finished up for myself. A charcuterie board with a juice groove in case I want to carve juicy cuts of grilled/smoked goodness and a monogrammed chunky cigar ash tray to enjoy a smoke while cooking said goodness.

11 Likes

Oh Great, now I’m hungry! Some great projects Kyle.

1 Like

No need to apolgize for flaws, I consider them part of the project’s character.

Nice board Kyle!

One of my latest jobs is not as glamorous… but the Onefinity came in handy for cutting out the upper stiles and the raised panel on the doors… (all solid pine).

What the customer wants… the customer gets !!! (in this case anyway…) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

I finally, after many attempts, created my first successful v-carve inlay cutting board. Black walnut with cherry insert The first insert, the harp portion didn’t seat right and so when it was clearing away the excess, it revealed the gap underneath. I was able to remove just that portion, carve it out again and apply a new insert. As frustrating as it was to see that gap, I’m glad it did it as I learned a few necessary things along the way, most importantly, how to fix a problem like this if it ever happens again.

26 Likes

Wow well done!!!

1 Like

I love that you value end grain cutting boards. I love the look and you did an excellent job of recovering.
Congratulations
Dave

@RUSHMA_Creative
Looks great!
(Just remember to keep a small jar/bag of wood dust for those not so perfect spots).
Great recovery… good job!

Well done Rob.
I haven’t had the nerve to try an inlay yet but am thinking seriously about doing it in the very near future.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate that.

Thanks! I have a few bags of various wood dust species for projects done for client’s. this had a couple small gaps, but I’m keeping it for myself so I didn’t bother :slight_smile:

Thank you sir! Don’t wait any longer, dive it and do it! This took a few failed attempts to finally get it, thankfully I have an excess amount of scrap wood so all it costs me is time.

You said v-carve inlay, but it looks like straight sides. What angle is the draft?

I use the Amana 46280-S, 6.2degree.

4 Likes

Todays Project, something practical, cupboard doors and drawer runners for my bench!

[

14 Likes

It has been a while since I posted, working on a water ripples on a butcher block table. I figured the butcher block would enhance the water effect and I wasn’t disappointed. Second picture after one coat of homemade wipe on poly. Probably give it few more coats. Glass top with standoffs and legs.

17 Likes

That looks awesome! Love the way the grain looks in the finished pic.

1 Like