Post up them projects

Had a bit of a wasteboard issue where it got thin and lifted slightly giving it a star wars credit roll effect but these are just some quick and dirty signs for an ih tractor show in a few weeks.

6 Likes

Made a stamp for branding my shipping boxed

16 Likes

In process inlay. Walnut in curly maple

0.2 mm offset

6 Likes

I finally finished my van conversion last night. The final touch was adding the drawer for my puppy’s treats and toys, so I put her name on it with a v-carve. All said and done, I used my 1F for about 20 different things during the build. A couple people requested finish photos so here it is. Van is a Ford e-250.

21 Likes

This is great! Did you carve it from a lino stamp blank or is it wood?

Very nice looking van.
I’d be curious to hear whether you used the CNC for structural elements.

@ryang I used a scrap piece of snap together Linoleum flooring. I peeled the top finish layer off and sanded the wood grain pattern off to make it flat.

Super job. Not just on the puppy’s treat drawer. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice work Ryan. It turned out great!

1 Like

Same question as Ryan did you carve this out flooring Lino?? (Maybe a uk term)

@JDog @ryang this is the plank flooring I used. Not sure what it’s called accross the pond… lol

I made these super slick little kids kitchen knives sized just for toddlers. My 13 month old is having a blast with her own knife and cutting board.

I put up the SVG on my website for a buck if anyone wants to make one for a toddler in your life and skip the hassle of drawing it yourself. SVG is 96 dpi for easy import into Fusion360 at the proper scale.

13 Likes

I would also like to learn more about this project. Is it lino or wood? It turned out amazing!

@MustCreateThings I made the stamp from a scrap piece of resilient snap together flooring planks. I am not 100% sure exactly what you would call the synthetic material they are made from. The planks consist of a printed wood texture on vinyl for the top finish layer, which I peeled off and sanded the faux wood grain flat. The rest of it is a hard, plastic/rubber-ish layer which was around 0.150" thick.

I used a vcarve toolpath with a 0.125" endmill for the clearing and a 30° engraving bit at a flat depth of 0.075". For speed and feed, I found the 50imp and the router at #2 (~12,000rmp) gave the best results with giving a decent chip and minimal melting. Was able to just clean up with a toothbrush after to remove melted chips.

-Kyle

1 Like

Thanks Kyle! Once things slow down for me I’ll have to give it a go.

1 Like

@ben Not any load bearing structural stuff, if that’s what you mean. I used it for the sink cutout, a ton of custom magnetic door keepers, the electrical panel cutouts, and some other things. Mostly used it for things I would have done with a handheld router and template/jig to save hours of work.

1 Like

Waiting for the epoxy flood coat to cure on this Shou Sugi Ban Boat Sign.

Torched 8/4 maple, cut out the design and then seal coat and flood coat with the UVpoxy.

10 Likes

Very impressive! Was it the epoxy that brought out the shiny black? Burned wood is kinda dull so this is quite amazing. Great job.

1 Like

Something a little different, but made on my 1F with a little help from CharlieInTexas.

10 Likes

Excellent job, the coin being incorporated makes all the difference.:ok_hand:

1 Like