Post up them projects

Was your logo engraved with the cnc or laser etched?

Here is a project I completed a week ago. It didn’t use the 1F heavily and could have been done without it, but where is the fun in that? Lol

6 Likes

It was laser engraved.

Awesome work and video!

1 Like

Thank you! I had fun making it. Didn’t reach a very broad audience, unfortunately.

First go at some polycarbonate. I engraved the text mirrored on the back so the writing surface is smooth!

6 Likes

Interesting, great idea with the mirror text. Is that for use with a dry erase pen? How clean did the poly cut? I’m assuming you have to have the router speed pretty low to allow so it doesn’t melt or burn?

More van conversion stuff. I could not find magnetic cabinet door latches that I liked that were not horrendously expensive so I made some on the 1f from scrap. I am entering the home stretch on the build out and I’m starting to use the CNC for more and more things with the finish work. It’s great to be able to just build custom parts in my garage and have them immediately! So far I’ve used the CNC for around a dozen things and when we get to the point later this month where we start filling the cupboards and drawers is going to be used for pretty much everything.

10 Likes

Yeah, regular dry erase markers or glass specific markers work even better.

It cut very well. I used an 1/8" 0 flute upcut bit for the holes and profile cut and I ran them at 18000rpm and 4000mm/min. Those are the feeds and speeds I use for most (softer) hardwoods without issue too.

The below pic is “as cut” no flame polishing.

3 Likes

Had my machine about a month. Here’s a few things. 28"x12" Maple and walnut cutting board with 9" strainer inset with juice groove. Custom coaster holder for my bro in-law (whos a boxer).
Maple, Walnut and Padauk with oak ring posts. Not totally finished and still gotta string the ring ropes and make the actual coasters. Lol.

5 Likes

What laser are you using?

9 Likes

I have a Bescutter Versa 150 watt 36" x 52". Love it! Recently upgraded to it from a smaller Rose Graphix (Bescutter) 600mm x 900mm 90 watt fixed bed machine.

I’ve had my OF four about a month now. Here are a few of the things I’ve made so far. Absolutely love this machine! It’s gonna be a life changer.

13 Likes

Hello, my dad and I are making a large glow pendant for our mom. I enjoyed working on it so much that I even found a forum to learn more)) The pendant will be wood, painted white and illuminated in pink and blue, poured in epoxy. I think it will be incredibly beautiful. I would love to show it to you as soon as we are finished but that will be a little later)) Good luck to everyone in your projects! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Thanks Vanessa, we’re looking forward to seeing your project!

This week-end, I cut pop-up paper with the Onefinity! I wanted to test my new laser and learn my way in Lightburn through a fun and simple project.
Design from The Pop-up Book, through Instructables.

10 Likes

These are snack bowls I made for my football loving relatives.OU and Buffalo bill are cherry, USC and Browns are walnut. The finish on all is shellac.Dimensions are:
OU 11.25 Dia x 1.25,
USC 12.25 x 7.75 x 1.5
Browns 8.125 x 4.5 x 1.25
Buffalo 8.125 x 4.5 x .75.

8 Likes

First epoxy project - Mom (initials DR) wanted a little medicine tray. Really enjoying the clear epoxy.

10 Likes

My daughter designed herself a “sleepy cloud” tape dispenser, which I then cut for her on the 1F. She did the finishing.
She likes crafts and I’m pleased to see the germs of her interest in CNC milling.

10 Likes