Post up them projects

Nicely - and efficiently - done. That is one of the things I am looking forward to when my CNC is up and running. Taking an idea and turning it into a useful product. It has been one of the best parts of having my 3D printer thus far, apart from also helping me to learn to use F360.

1 Like

Been a while since I posted. Made this this past week, a small house warming gift for a friend.

3 Likes

Wedding Anniversary Gift for my aunt and uncle.

24 Likes

Hey Eric,

That’s great looking! Just ordered a Journeyman
and hoping to be making chips this Fall.

Cheers, Neil

2 Likes

I had said before “no vertical clamping” for me on the QCW, but apparently I just didn’t think about it as hard as some others have. There’s a guy on Etsy with plans for a vertical fixture on the QCW.

It would require a major re-do on my current table setup, so it’s not something I’ll be doing but it is interesting. I’m clearly just not creative enough haha

2 Likes

Outstanding idea!

Not critiquing but curious…. Could the tolerances be tighter on the interlocking parts or did you need it loose to be functional?

After I got my depths dialed in which involved going from a15° to a 30° V, I wanted to do an end grain test run in scrap wood. Glued up leftover 2x4 pieces of my daughters (now disassembled) loft bed and a chunk of resawn random downed tree from the neighborhood.

Like any good story, there were highs and lows. A journey of self discovery. Of evils doers and bandits…umm, wait, nope. Really just highs and lows. Next will be an end grain maple and walnut cutting board, here is the pine n mystery wood test trivet.

7 Likes

I could have possibly made the tolerances a little bit less, but it feels about right where it is. No binding or anything and it doesn’t really jiggle around at all either. I wanted to make sure that if there is any wood movement from moisture (like if they rinse it out after having some nuts or something in it) that there would be no issues.

Can’t wait to see this in the other species. I must say…this one hurts my brain…LOL

4 Likes

@gad5264 yeah, me too!

It started as an experiment since v carve inlays are not as straightforward as the videos make it appear. After getting it dialed in using mdf (20 experiments and three bit geometries later) I wanted to do it in a test end grain piece before committing mistakes in $100 worth of wood. So yup, the grain pattern and close colors make this a touch hard on the eyes. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Nice! Did you secure these using double stick tape?

2 Likes

That is really cool. Very creative :ok_hand::ok_hand:

Yes, worked out pretty well the way I processed the job.

Posted my first Etsy listing! It feels long over-due because I felt like it needed to be perfect… Hopefully everything goes through properly :laughing:

4 Likes

Just a little sign.

4 Likes

Pile of bottle openers for cousin’s church men’s group.

3 Likes

Coffee scoops for the non-beer drinkers.

3 Likes

I am waiting for them to hang it, but it’s backlit with LEDs. Material is .75 MDO. Painted flat black and flat white.

Can’t wait until they hang it so I can get a better picture!

7 Likes

First V-Carve on the OF.

18 Likes

Hey, wait, I recognize that image :slight_smile:

1 Like