Post up them projects

Short answer… Yes.

Any time I’m making a through cut I make the z zero at the spoilboard

1 Like

Cudos to you for your volunteer work with HH!

The general answer to your question is ‘yes’, by zeroing to the spoil board the bit should not cut deeper than that point, thus sparing the spoil board. The caution is that you’ll need to be aware of the exact dimensional thickness of your material in order to avoid interference during retracted/clearanced z moves. That includes possible errors in vcarve type operations where the bit could be too deep/shallow due to inaccurate material height specification.

1 Like

Love this game! Those look amazing.

1 Like

Lot of work I would have done totally differently now. Not quite done but close. Thinking of making a custom robber, maybe a bandit.

The both of these are really nice, indeed. I especially like, though (in the second one), how the lower third portion of your project adds an immediate sense of depth. I can’t wait to try MY hand at creating some of this type of work. Again, yours are VERY nice.

1 Like

This is a spectacular idea! Love it. Well done.

Did a 17-hour 3d cut of these two plaques in black ash wood.

13 Likes

Completed board. Embarrassingly I missed a couple of the coins, but easy enough to make.

I could tighten the tolerance next time I make one.

7 Likes

Couple quick ones I keep forgetting to post. Some fun stuff for my nephew, a little coffee sign, and a couple shelves to hold a bunch of spray paint

9 Likes

@Storm27m sorry copied your game of UR for a wedding anniversary gift, just finishing of the counters this evening thanks for the Inspiration!
We also visited the British museum a couple of weeks ago to see the real thing.

3 Likes

Latest Project a Retirement Present in Walnut and Oak

IMG_3500
IMG_3501

11 Likes

Nicely done! You’ll be asked to make more soon I’m sure.

I need that paint rack! Did you design or download it?

Same here, I would love the plans for that!

1 Like

I was in the process of trying to design something similar in Fusion 360 when I found the plans on Etsy. The price was so reasonable that it just made sense to get them there. Here’s a link to the one I went with but he’s got a few different size configurations. The files are well put together and have separate versions for common plywood thicknesses. For a few bucks I figured why not. I’m still learning Fusion so it was a big time saver.

1 Like

I made something similar in carbide. They’re pretty easy to design. I modified the concept and added a battery charging station.

Very nice, well done!

1 Like

Counting blocks for my grand daughter

4 Likes

These are my two latest projects. I know they are not perfect but every project teaches you something so I decided to post them anyway. The shield (cherry and maple) was finished with tung oil. The inside of the salt cellar is amber shellac. The is a No. 4 steel screw in the bottom of the top to give the magnet something to grab.

10 Likes

Project for a friend of mine’s kid. Puzzle with their surname.

5 Likes