Post up them projects

To cool, could you share the plans.

1st bas relief, a test of tools and methods.

• 0.75" Bowl Bit
  • 1/2" Upcut end mill (roughing)
  • 1/4" Ball mill (1st fine)
  • 1/16" Tapered Ball mill (2nd fine)

The first try at work-holding was a pair of vacuum pads, but there was too much movement; changed to bolts and T-track. Before the change I used a bowl bit to hog out portions far from the 3D section.

I made two vectors around the image, hoping to limit carving time with the 1/4" Ball Nose to the necessary parts. But the “virtual” carve in Vectric left a ridge, so I made concentric vectors for overlap. There has to be a smarter way, what do experienced users do for this?

There was more variation than I expected in the depths of the 1/4" Ball Nose and 1/16" tapered Ball Nose (two smoothing bits). All 4 mills (Bowl, 1/2" Roughing, 1/4" Ball, 1/16" Tapered Ball) were in separate files. I homed before start, Set XY, and Homed for Z before 1st cutter. Repeated XY and Z after changing the work-holding and repeated the Home for Z with each of the next two. Controller was powered for the duration, so XY only changed when I changed work-holding (before rough mill).

I like sanding as much as the next guy, but it’s part of the game. All advice welcome!

1 Like

I’m not sure Ron, maybe so. If I’m not mistaken I think you can only import 3d files in Vcarve and not have the options to add drafts and shape profiles to the letters. I created modeled this stacked text with Aspire as a true 3d file to eliminate tool marks and having to sand after its finished.

Modeling tab with different layers zero planes and clippings, you won’t get rounded text like aspire gives you but you can get flat text.

1 Like

Clock for my cousin’s baby. The pattern was made by my grandpa for an applique on our kid’s toy box. He passed years ago and many of my cousins don’t have much made by him. So I photoshopped an image of the applique and it captured even his false cut. From this image I made a clock for my cousin’s nursery that captures his character and his band saw cuts. I was also able to “sign” it with his name from a photo of his signature.

8 Likes

Hi, new to cnc and first time posting. I have the onefinity woodworker, brought it cause I’m building my dream kitchen and that seemed like a good enough excuse :grin:
I also have a farm and am mostly self sufficient. I needed a new cheese press as my previous one in my old kitchen just used dumbell weights, which on occasion got dropped on the benchtop or floor :grimacing:. I didn’t want to use that in the new kitchen with solid oak floor, so a new design was needed. I’ve now made 2 cheeses with it and I’m stoked! Even more so cause I did it all on my onefinity.

20 Likes

I replaced the old beat up cabinets with somcustom MDF cabinets. Effers are heavy!!!

13 Likes

I am continually impressed with aspects of this machine and the 14w laser. When things work out, they look so freaking great. I am building a new workbench for my table saw with a router table on the side. I needed a covering for the router compartment and I couldn’t very well just leave it blank now could I? It’s a very simple project but I love the way it looks.

9 Likes

Nice looking towers! Is this your own design or from purchased plans. If they’re your own design, what software did you use to create the curved driver front plane?
I assume the sub is chambered to separate it from the tweeter and mid range, right ?

I did the design using OnShape and Fusion 360. Basically achieved the curve with a loft and guides.

It’s actually a woofer that I’ve crossed pretty low to minimize issues caused by the distance from the midrange and tweeter. It isn’t seperated internally from them. I was worried about issues caused by the distance, but none have been apparent in listening or measurements.

3 Likes

I’ll have to check out OnShape. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Black walnut custom cribbage board going out west to British Columbia!

5 Likes

Box for my Godson’s First Communion. Made of Sapele, which continues to impress me in the quality of it’s carvings.

6 Likes

This one was an honor to make.

7 Likes

What is the height and largest diameter of this lamp. Love the proportions of it.

Hi Billy, height is 19.75, diameter is 8.25.

1 Like

The analog dial indicator I have didn’t come with any type of case.
Half an hour or so in Fusion 360 and about 25 minutes in the machine with a scrap 2x4 block, and I have something good enough to keep it from getting knocked around.

Now to make a nice drawer tray for two dial indicators and three calipers, using something other than scraps. :wink:

13 Likes

Proof that your 1F is more than a useful tool for the shop!

1 Like

Second train table is ready for assembly. Going to flat pack this one for a trip next weekend. Will assemble on site.

This one is for my aunt’s grandson.

8 Likes

Just some test 3d carves in maple with the new Elite Foreman.

14 Likes