Post up them projects

Nothing super complex, but the first real production job I’ve done with the CnC.

We make these for the tourist trade on the big island, they’re stands for painted glass hemispheres.

Knocked out about 30 of these in a little over hour (machine time). After that, about 5-10 minutes of sanding each, combo of spindle sander and hand sanding, depending on the wood species and some wood burning for the logo. We have considered going laser for the logos, but the wood burning gives them a more handmade look.

The CnC gives me a much more accurate profile and cut my sanding time roughly in half vs using the bandsaw.

5 Likes

Sometimes it’s the simplest things…
I needed to shape my Stetson a little. :grin:
IMG6349
IMG6350

6 Likes

Mike is there a file for this?

Here ya go. hat stretch.dxf (43.8 KB)

Just something simple I whipped up after seeing them on line. I used 3/4" cedar for mine. I believe the mass produced one are 1" or 1 1/2" boards.

I drilled a 5/16" hole in both pieces and then a 1/4"-20 bolt with the head cut off and a wing nut for adjustment.

I wanted to make my lid more into a long oval shape to better fit my melon head :rofl:
Steamed it a little bit and it seems to have helped.

3 Likes

Thanks so much. I may try to put a threaded insert in there, as well, but figured you were using a treaded rod and the wing nut to expand it… So based on your pick and description this makes perfect sense.

1 Like

Post a pic when you make one. :smiley:

7 Likes

Wow, interesting use of hearts and nicely done!

Is it a wall hanging?

Pony

1 Like

Aside from the fact that this is a very quality video, the rain dishes look great. What a great idea for mass production!

WOW! Super cool! How long does something like take you?

1 Like

I love the look of the wood burning. I agree it looks more handmade!

1 Like

Not sure if this “rates” as a new project but I picked up my Journeyman exactly one week ago! I’m already enjoying it. Got the fold up table set up with the Masso mounted on the fixed side portion. Now I just need to get started on a “real” project.
IMG_0180

2 Likes

Thank you, and yes, it is.

This took a lot of hours, but I want to make more and sell them, so I’m trying to improve the process.

1 Like

Needed some way to keep the newest addition limited in his access to unpuppy-proofed areas and keep the wife happy. Wish I’d thought about this with the old dog and rushing the delivery man.

5 Likes

New coffee scoop design after some mountain time inspiration.

3 Likes

I can see the dogs thought process - “Hmm, looks like a chew stick”

1 Like

Not sure there’s much in the way of process. Default setting is destroy… And he’s opinionated.

2 Likes

Who needs a bandsaw when you have a CNC? :grin:

8 Likes

Sweet!

But I doubt that a CNC router would be very good at resawing lumber. :wink: