Post up them projects

Cello neckgraft.

First I cut the mortice by hand, then scanned it with a 3D scanner, reverse engineered the sides of the mortice and connected it to the new neck in the CAD software.

This was a two sided job (the heel of the neck is too high for a one sided job), hence the cylinders, which have a holes for location pins, which I could insert in location holes the wasteboard to position it correctly for cutting the second side…

8 Likes

With the understanding that your knowledge of the required software is paramount here, how much did this approach reduce the total time on this project?
It should be lost on none of us that our 1F’s are tools that truly expand shop capabilities.

Beautiful! would you consider seeking the .crv file?

1 Like

Very difficult to say, I am not sure I saved much time at all. This was my first cello neck, and I did spend a significant amount drawing, checking and double checking (flamed maple is pretty expensive too, I did not want to waste a piece). Also the two sided cutting took a bit more time than I expected.

With that being said, a violin neckgraft usually takes 40 hours of work (including varnish retouch and new bridge), I might have maybe a day less work. You also have to keep in mind that I make the fingerboard as well, which will save me another few hours. I believe with a cello thing are similar, I expect 20% time savings in the future.

2 Likes

There’s always the nice bonus of being able to work on something else simultaneously while the machine is cutting away as well. Even if it’s not great in raw minutes and seconds, the project efficiency goes way up. More done in the same amount of time.

2 Likes

Made from 5mm plywood.

9 Likes

Now that is REALLY cool! And your colors are excellent.
Pony

1 Like

Groovy, man, far out!

1 Like

Somebody knows the '60’s!
Pony

1 Like

Had the wonderful opportunity to create this large sign for a local apple orchard.

17 Likes

What city & state is it located in?
Pony

Cardington, OH

They are open for the season. If others are nearby, feel free to stop out!

Cribbage Boards - Love how quick and accurately my OneFinity Woodworker cranks these out!

My Aluminum decks must be milled to very tight tolerances when marrying them to my wooden bases. All I can say is they “Fit like a Glove” when I get them off my 1F, the pockets are accurate and tight as well.

My customers love my Crib Boards and I’m just thankful I do not need to keep a ton of inventory anymore… just drop in the jig, run the saved carve file… sand… finish… ship. It’s awesome.

-Alex

8 Likes

First run of the file… Couple edits to improve it and then will run it again.

5 Likes

Going to double the carve time so that I can eliminate a bit change and thus some of the artifacts that happen in the transitions. Also changing the ‘BE PREPARED’ from 60 degree v bit to 30 degree with no flat depth

7 Likes

Can you tell me were you got the file? I would like to do one for my son…

I believe this was the dxf I sourced Eagle Scout dxf File Free Download - 3axis.co

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve never sold files before. I don’t even know if anyone other than me could figure them out. Designed in Fusion 360.

Aaron, are you from the Cardington area? I’m not far from there, just South of you.

I grew up just West of that area, moved to the South West side of Columbus, out in the country.

This project was for my 3rd Grade Teacher’s family. So it was nice being able to get back out there.

1 Like