Post up them projects

Got some brass bow ties and 1F carved some pockets for me :slight_smile:
Here’s the UK Amazon I got them from (100mm and 70mm sizes):

Got them delivered in few days in Chicago.
Here’s Vectric files if someone needs them.
Smaller bow tie.crv (130.5 KB)
Bigger bow tie.crv (134 KB)

4 Likes

I thought it would be fun to make a Greene and Green style tiny desk lamp to test out my small jig and joint CNC skills.
It turns out small things are hard but satisfying.

18 Likes

Very nice lantern!!
What’s the light source?
What’s the top panel? Thin oak or acrylic?
Can you share the dimensions?
Pony

Thank you, I’m happy with the way it turned out!
It is a candelabra base 60 watt equivalent bulb.
The top panel is avocado wood laminated onto an acrylic base and hand sanded till it was very very thin.
The wall are the same opaque acrylic.
It is 8.5" tall and 6" x 6"

3 Likes

Outstanding! looks amazing.

Interesting setup. I often find it interesting to see other peoples CNC setups. Slightly off topic. Why the white painted hammer?

I couldn’t agree more, I always love to see how people handle the different work holding situations.
As for the hammer, sometimes these tools just end up in your life and you’re not sure where they came from.
Great hammer though

1 Like

Here are my last couple of projects. Crappy pics sorry. First one is a sign/house warming gift a customer asked me to make. The second is a end grain cutting board. This customer cooks his sons high school football team pregame meals every week. When I mean like whole hog meals! He asked for a cutting board with one side to ‘show’ and the for ‘go’(cut on) He wanted both wood and epoxy inlays.

6 Likes

My wife wanted to make a string art piece to go out in the living room with a retro vibe.
I foolishly thought it would good idea to max out the Forman’s diagonal length on the first project.
I put together a model and after much fighting with the programing, zeroing troubles and unplanned wood it turned out pretty cool.
It is 395 nm UV light would only cause damage with close proximity and pronged exposure.
Its Ash with a black gel stain which I will not be using again.
She made the shapes from neon polymer clay with strings and fishing line holding them up.
It was a follow up to my programable circle light which was made the old fashion way.

10 Likes

I recently finished a talharpa, which translates roughly to “horse hair harp.” It’s a Scandinavian bowed lyre and was a lot of fun (and a challenge) to make. Now I just need to figure out how to play it! I’m also getting into the spirit of filming my builds and have a quick video of this on my IG, studiotoiyabe. Not sure if linking socials is allowed here, but feel free to stop by and check this out + some other 1F projects.

Here are some stills:

Tuning pegs modeled in blender and cut as a double-sided job.

Some cut parts.

Wiring a pickup and endpin jack, though it’s plenty loud acoustically.

Finished front view.

Finished back view.

11 Likes

Never heard of one, but beautiful none the less.

1 Like

I have been busy with retirement stuff, man cave stuff, and some charity work. Here is what I have been up to.

A nesting chair I made from scraps left over from my shed build.

A Flag I donated to our professional organization to raise funds for our scholarship fund. Auctioned off for $2000.

A Boot Jack.

A retirement plaque.

A retirement flag.

Man cave stuff donated to our scholarship fund auction.

Another retirement gift.

A shattered right wrist with a titanium plate and 7 titanium screws right after the cast came off.

That’s all for now.

2 Likes

Nice projects. I hope you heal quickly.

1 Like

Working a couple other big projects going on in the background, but needed a short distraction this weekend. Thought I’d clone this project I’d seen elsewhere.

7 Likes

Did you design the stand? I have been looking at some different table designs and really like this.

If you look into the table area of the forum you’ll find all sorts of similar designs. Most based on an original concept from Fisher (see www.fishersshoponline.com). Most seem to purchase his plans and then modify to suit

1 Like

Thank you! Much appreciated.

Do you mean the entire carve was done with just one bit… the 1/6" TBN? If so, how long was the carve?

Finished result looks great… maybe even no sanding?

Yet another corner jig project :slight_smile:
Wanted something more rigid for those cutting boards rubber feet holes positioning.
Have some 1" phenolic leftovers, I’m using for various projects, jigs, table tops. Figured it may be a good stable corner jig :slight_smile:
Will add 3 more holes to that.

I used McMaster part# 6338K561 Flanged Sleeve Bearing (for 1/8" drill bit).
Here’s the Vcarve file if someone needs it.
corner jig1.1.crv (324.5 KB)

6 Likes

I would say that is ENOUGH
LC