Prompt for user input

I am trying to create a G-Code program that I can re-use (drilling operation) without having to go back to F360 every time, but I can’t seem to locate any information on 1F or Buildbotics ways to accomplish this.

I wrote a gcode program to calculate the proper positioning that I am after. It takes a row and column number as input and calculates the position of where my insert screws are located. So I need a way to capture the row and column from the 1F when running the program.

The closest I was able to hack was going into the MDI tab and entering in global variables #<_col> = 1 #<_row> = 1 and then run the program. It seems to work, but the problem is, there is no equal sign on the virtual keyboard!! I have to copy/paste from some text to put in an equal sign. Why is the equal sign not on the keyboard?

Anyway, neither Buildbotics nor 1F seem to document very well what gcodes are supported and what are not (for example, DIV function doesn’t work, you have to use FIX), and the best I could find was that capturing input via a prompt was not supported, only display a prompt.

Has anyone been able to figure this out or are there other ideas of how I can better capture input from the user at runtime?