Saving a tool path

Hey Steve,

you are really sure about it formatted with FAT32, and not exfat?

Do you get an error message, or does your file simply not appear on the loading file dialog? Is it ending with .ngc / .gc?

2 Likes

The USB needs to be a 2.0. Ver 3.0 will not work with Onefinity Controller. Hope this helps

Hey Paul,

this is still often claimed, but it is not true. USB 3.0 flash drives work perfectly on the Onefinity Controller, because every USB 3.0 device is downwards compatible by design.

What might not be supported because of the age of the underlying Operating System in the Onefinity Controller, is exFAT Filesystem found on practically every USB drive bigger than 32 GB nowadays. If your flash drive is not recognized by Onefinity Controller, you have to reformat the flash drive using NTFS or FAT32 instead. :slight_smile:

exFAT Filesystem is supported natively since Linux kernel 5.4 but I have no idea if or when Onefinity will switch to a newer version of the underlying OS.

2 Likes

I am 100% sure it is FAT32. No error message, It just does not appear when I click on “upload a new gcode program” on the icon that looks like a open folder. This time the file says “Tap File” The first time it said “Veitric CRV File” I have tried to save it different ways. It may be the way i’m trying to save it in vcarve.

I am using vcarve pro. I think it may be the way I am trying to save it.

Hey Steve,

How can I find the correct post processor for my machine tool?

SOFTWARE: Aspire, VCarve, Cut2D

When you initially open your Vectric product for the first time Vectric’s ‘Kickstarter’ wizard will run, The ‘Kickstarter’ wizard will give you the opportunity to select your CNC machine. The ‘Kickstarter’ wizard not only ensures that you have the right post-processors and machine configurations straight-away, but the management system also allows you to optionally stay up to date if relevant newer post-processors for your machine are released in the future all from within the software.

When you open the “Save Toolpath” form your machine and post processors will show by default.

If you are not sure of the correct post processor for your machine, you can contact the machine’s manufacturer or distributor, ask on the manufacturer’s forum, ask on the Vectric Forum, or contact Vectric at support@vectric.com.

– Source: Vectric FAQ

The information you need, provided by Onefinity CNC, is here:

Tap files and Vectric crv files are the wrong file types. Those cannot be opened by the Onefinity Controller.

2 Likes

This is what Vcarve looks like when I try to save it.I don’t know if I am doing it correctly.

Hey Steve,

you need to save .ngc files.

Do you have Vcarve Pro Version 11?

If not, if you have Version 10.5 or lower, you need to install the post processor manually, as explained here:

1 Like

This is what vcarve looks like when I try to save a file.

Do you have Vcarve Pro Version 11 or higher? Then you should be able to simply choose the Post Processor called “Onefinity (*.ngc)”.

If not, if you have Vcarve Pro Version 10.5 or lower, you need to install the post processor manually, as explained here:

1 Like

This is what the Machine Configuration Management look like.

Hey Steve,

all you need was already answered above.

Looks like you didn’t download the machine configurations from Vectric. Hit that cloud download icon in the top right. Once you do that it will ask you for vendor, etc, and set things up.

2 Likes

It is vcarv version 11.5

Hey Steve,

then it is likely that @Atroz’ answer is the solution to your problem! :slight_smile:

I don’t have that choice. The only choices I have are, Gcode (inch)(.tap), gcode (mm) (.tap),Gcode Arcs(inch) (.tap), or Gcode Arcs(mm) (.tap).

I don’t see the cloud doewnload icon.

It’s in the picture you sent. Top right, below the X.

In the “Machine Configuration Management” window.

2 Likes

I will try that. I will let you know if that works. I just lost my toolpaths.