Screen Flickering - tried forum suggestions already

Hey everyone, I’m a new owner and I realize this topic is discussed in other places, but I am not getting reliable results.

I think my screen is getting interference from the nearby electronics. It stays on for 5 seconds at a time and shuts off for 5-10 seconds.

I feel I have exhausted the suggestions on this forum already, but maybe I have missed something. I list my methods below.

For troubleshooting I have:

-Attached loads of ferrite rings anywhere that seems to make sense, especially the hdmi cable, also including the cable for the Y axis stepper motor near the screen mount. I got a moment of relief with the ferrite rings, it extended the on time to 10-15 seconds, and then reduced back to 5. I tried playing with the placement of the rings with occasional changes, but nothing predictable.

-Swapped the hdmi

-Unplugged everything except the onefinity and screen

-Plugged the screen into my Xbox upstairs (it works)

-I get more screen time when I hold the touch screen in the front center of the table.

-I’m in a spot with no power, I’ve run a 20-25’ extension cord to this spot, meaning the onefinity and screen are on the same circuit. I tried separating the circuits by using a nearby lightbulb and one of those lightbulb outlet things and connecting the screens power block to that with no real difference.

• I also plugged it into an APC battery unit, not connected to house power at all, (it provides power during blackouts for those not familiar). And it’s the same

• One weird thing that gave me the most screen time (minutes) was when I got on the wifi. I actually thought it was totally fixed and all I had done connect to wifi.

• I have rebooted this thing countless times to try my new iterations and tests.

——

I’m fairly frustrated at this point, I want to be using the machine, not troubleshooting.

I appreciate any insight you guys have on this problem. I can share photos and any other info you want.

Mike

Mike,
Have you contacted Onefinity Tech support? support@onefinitycnc.com

They have always responded quickly.

Dave

1 Like

Thanks Dave, I will try that. I actually assumed this Forum was intended to replace tech support for the most part, but seeing they have a specific email for this is encouraging.

Good luck in your quest…

Im having the same problem but after a couple hours or so the screen stays on the rest of the time.This is very frustrating. I hope you let us know if you find a solution.

Still working on it. I’ve been making cuts by connecting my computer via wifi and working has been more urgent at the moment.

Their most recent suggestion has been to open the box and attach the HDMI directly to the Pi inside instead of through the HDMI extension in the box. I will try this when things calm down a bit but maybe you can try that in the meantime.

open the control box and connect directly??? wow

It won’t be difficult to do that, just a bit of a nuisance I guess. I guess they want to trouble shoot that cord in between the units. Ill let you know if it works.

Hey Mike! finally fixed my flickering touch screen, it took the “fourth HDMI” cable to do it. It used to be HDMI cables where all the same but not any more I guess, All the other 3 cables worked fine on my TV and sound bars but not with the touch screen.Of coarse the 4th cable cost a lot more. Hope this helped

I had a weird result. I unplugged the connecting HDMI inside and plugged the HDMI directly into the raspberry PI, which worked and Onefinity sent me a replacement cable, but when I reattached the internal connecting hdmi it continued working fine. I had not yet received onefinitys replacement and it continues to work for the last couple of weeks. I have received their replacement and not used it yet because I don’t want to mess with whatever is working.

After 4 HDMI cables and my screen stoped going on and off, Maybe all our troubles was a bad connection?