Screen resolution

No matter what i do with turning the screen on first, changing the hdmi cable to a better one, making sure the usbs are in the correct way, or having the 10" monitor plugged into a seperate outlet nothing makes the screen display in the correct resolution. It always resorts back to 640x480 60hz. Which makes pressing buttons difficult :thinking: whats the solution?? Fyi this is day 3 of building and owning my first cnc so be gentle!

Update! After going through all the suggested fixes and finding one that suggests taking the controller apart and removing the hdmi lead that lives in the box and plugging the monitor hdmi directly into the board the screen booted up with the correct resolution. Of course this is not a permanent fix as i wouldnt use the cnc with the controller open. So i guess i contact @OnefinityCNC and see what their solution is??

2 Likes

Yes @OnefinityCNC support is great.

I ran into the same issue with the MageDok 10.8" touchscreen. The screen ran fine for a few weeks (I just upgraded from a 7") but then became stuck in 640x480 60Hz mode. I ran through the FAQ and verified everything was correct, and I followed the instructions on powering-up the monitor first.

My solution was to simply replace the included HDMI cable with a new, (presumably?) higher quality cable. After replacing the cable, the monitor resolution returned to normal.

Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem!

2 Likes