Spindle Information

They are located here: All your 80mm Spindle questions in THIS thread

Is anyone having trouble with the spindle stopping during G0 movements? Is this a firmware setting or something I need to set in g code?

its a bug that has been fixed in 1.0.6 final firmware

What’s the weight difference between the Makita motor and a good spindle??

Less than 2kg for Makita vs approximately 4-9kg for 65-80mm spindles. From the tests done by quite a number of spindle owners, the OF seems to be able to handle the extra mass with no issue.

1 Like

Does this mean 1.0.6 is no longer in beta?
If so, will machines be shipped with 1.0.6 installed?

David,

That is correct 1.0.6 is now a full release update, and is out of BETA. As for shipping with new machines OF will update all new machines rolling out of production with the new FW as they always use the latest stable version.

Updating FW though is a pretty normal thing and so far releases have come every few months and I do not see the OF team resting on their laurels anytime soon as they continue to improve and enhance the user experience.

-Alex

do these fit the Makita router

They fit the RT0701C makita. The tool holder fits 65mm routers/spindles.

Hello everyone first post for me. I am months away from acquiring my cnc from one finity. My question to The forum would anybody have information or have they used the Makita 18 volt router?

1 Like

Onefinity will announce the spindle when available, but many do not imagine any time soon given they are working hard to meet machine demand. If you are referring to a battery (18V) operated compact router 1) it would need to have a base diameter of 65mm, and 2) perhaps may not be the best choice due to quick/unpredictable battery drain during carves.

1 Like

Thanks! I guess it wouldn’t make any sense to use it when it comes to battery drain. And it wouldn’t make any sense to change the 120 powered Makita back and forth with the 18 volt. Thanks again

1 Like

Hi Martin,

That LXT router is a fine machine. One of the keys to router success is consistency - including RPMs and torque. Even with the great job Makita has done controlling energy across the charge period of their batteries, I’ve noticed that RPMs and torque diminish as the battery begins to drain. I can hear and feel that and make subtle feed adjustments to compensate. The CNC machine cannot (yet). Nothing good can come of a router with a dying battery being run across your workpiece. I can see it now - first the cut gets rough, then it gets chunky, and then - it grabs and buries and the CNC goes berserk as it attempts to continue along its merry way. UGH. Best to part with the $100 at the Makita toy store of your choice. Routers are like clamps. You can’t have too many!

2 Likes

I managed to part ways with my Next Wave CNC due to controller problems but I didn’t manage to part ways with the Bosch router I was using with it. So yes I will be adding another router to my collection. Thanks for your reply.

If you follow VinceFab on Instagram or YouTube, he’s an advanced Shapeoko user (putting it lightly) running an 18v brushless Makita using a VESC and powered off a 24v power supply. Really interesting setup, does away with the brushes and gives gcode control over the spindle speed. It’s definitely food for thought, even if I don’t fully understand it.

1 Like

Hello guys,

I bought a HF spindle kit and I am waiting for the 80mm mounts to ship, in the meantime I am trying to source some more of the included water line. I see everyone else is using clear tubing. what type of clear hose are you guys using and where did you purchase it?

1 Like

Looking for the same as well as what pump model do people have?

4 Likes

I purchased my clear tubing from Menards…a big box store similar to Home Depot or Lowes.

Just a heads up - the recommended Makita router is now available on Amazon for $82. I won’t have my 1F until mid-September, but I jumped on the $17 savings now before the price goes back up. I’m sure I’ll find a use for the palm router while building the table anyhow. Link to the router in the first post of this thread from 1F - didn’t want to look like I was using an affiliate link or anything.

1 Like