Suck It Router Sheilds SVG's

@rriker, Thanks for the dimension between the long edges as this helped me scale the import into Fusion.

1 Like

how do you save these as the right size, it says right click as svg but when i do its 20mm wide when its put into software, its a strange file ai ? never heard of it, how are you saving them as svg or dxf at the correct side they are.

1 Like

The files were created in inches so so make sure when you import it into the document it is created with Inches.

Also use the inches post processor to make it simpler than converting the image to metric.

How do I save as a Svg ? Click on what the picture, I don’t get an option to save as a Svg just save picture which is a picture not a Svg or a hyperlink to the picture.

Don’t use laser on polycarbonate. It will burn. Laser cutting is for acrylic only.

Hi All

Can anyone confirm the small screw size that hole the above shields in place, I keep dropping them and have lost one already

Thanks in advance

Dave

1 Like

6/32 x 3/8. A box of 100 is $3.61 fro McMaster-Carr.

2 Likes

Thanks for the Prompt reply are they UNF, I’m in the UK so will need to order in.

Dave

They are UNC thread.

Many Thanks for That Brian

1 Like

Suckit dust boot sheilds

This is my attempt at uploading and SVG to The forum I have created a third inch and a half center hole size for people to try I don’t know if uploading the SVG worked or not

@Jaccccw Doesn’t look like it worked.

Are you sure they aren’t M3?

I wanted to share the out come of router bit versus my polycarbonate/lexan shield. A pieces came loose, thus popping up and pulling the dust boot into the bit. Both survived the encounter. Shield has some new texture and a magnet popped loose but a drop of CA glue and it was back up and running.

1 Like

I followed @mwaddellus recommendations and my router plates turned out great! Bought a 12"x12" sheet of polycarbonate from Amazon for $6.99 and was able to make nine plates. Yay!

5 Likes

When I import the SVG into carveco the vector scales to the size of the material, not the correct size of the router shield. I was wondering if there was a way to fix this issue or if something had the width of the shield.

1 Like

Here are the files converted to dxf. Scale is inches.
Router Hole Plate 1 INCH (03.27.2019)in.dxf (144.9 KB)
Router Hole Plate 2 INCH (03.27.2019)in.dxf (148.8 KB)

I have these for sale if anyone is interested in polycarbonate one. You can quickly change sizes due to the magnets.

1 Like

Robin did you used and 1/8" or a 1/16" end mill? What was your speed I think it would not be all that fast.

@FrankP 1/8" works fine, that is what I use.