The table build

Hey Dan,

continuing off-topic initiated by @abrteguy:

PwnCNC’s kit is the only offer that I know for a plug-and-play, ready-to-use spindle/VFD kit. That is why Onefinity refers to it when offering their 80 mm spindle mount (although Onefinity does not support spindles). Daniel @PwnCNC offers different variants of the spindle/VFD/enclosure, among them is one for Original/PRO/X-50 Onefinity (uses serial Modbus interface to communicate with the VFD), and another one for Onefinity Elite/MASSO (controls VFD by analog voltage for spindle speed and a VFD’s programmable input terminal for spindle FWD run and stop).

However in his spindle FAQ, he explains that he does NOT offer a kit with 110 V 2.2 kW, for the same reasons I elaborated to you in my private message: At 110 V you would need double the current, double the wire gauge and double the fuse size than with 220 V, and there is no such domestic power supply in North America for 110 V.

That is why Daniel @PwnCNC offers different ready-to-use spindle/VFD kits in an enclosure, but NOT a 110 V 2.2 kW kit.

If you want a 80 mm 2.2 kW spindle, use 240 V on a NEMA 6-30 or a NEMA 14 socket.

DISCLAIMER: I have no personal experience with PwnCNC spindles and VFDs.

2 Likes