What features would you like to see in 2024?

Yes, agreed Bill.

I do wish Onefinity would step up and at least look into some sort of universal mounting plate that could utilize a standard 43mm spindle mount. They have provided us with the best machine in its market segment, but the fact that the recommended ‘spindle’ is a weak router that is not supported by the manufacturer for use in a CNC router does not reflect well on them.

My automotive analogy would be a Challenger Hellcat (or similar) that was sold without tires but fitted with trailer tire wheels, with the recommendation of using Walmart trailer tires.

I have looked at and pondered designing a mount for the Onefinity, but the top-view geometry shown here makes it painfully obvious that a Onefinity-designed universal mount would be far superior to any DIY solution. The DIY shown below doesn’t even address how you would attach the ball nut, if there’s even room for it.

@Temo came up with a very unique design that seems workable for the current 80mm mount. This is a very interesting thread with multiple designs discussed.

4 Likes