WiFi connection process

OneFinity is using IP address 192.168.10.172 shown in the below DHCP log:

onefinity 192.168.10.172 00:c0:ca:4a:be:0c 11h 56m 5s

I connected and verified the Onefinity web page.

The mac address is for the USB WIFI adapter I’m using by manufacturer Alfa:

This is the adapter I’m using:

It is, without a doubt, using the external USB wifi adapter

bbmc@onefinity:~ $ ifconfig wlan0
wlan0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet 192.168.10.172 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.10.255
inet6 fe80::1b43:48f2:ebd:b7a0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x20
ether 00:c0:ca:4a:be:0c txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet)

its not a secure connection that worries me especially with all the issues that came up with my machine shortly after connecting to the wifi and using it for a week, it worked ok but I think I was hacked and thats how my files got corrupted like the government lol
I just had to flash my micro sd card in the controller to get back up and running after fighting tool path errors and z axis going nuts wouldnt home and i might be in the middle of a carve ive done many times and always worked and the z shoot straight down and start a fire in waste board. yeah totally failure of the machine by corrupt system files. im doing dry runs as we speak but not connecting to wifi until I know machine is stable again. it wouldnt even run you als test file that you send with every machine. so it wasnt my programs and only settings i changed was the client setting to connect to wifi and used my usb flash drive to load files the rest of the configuration I never touched so something very strange happened and no one is able to explain toi me what or how or why but the conclusion so far is that some how my system of the machine became corrupted but back up again just no network connection yet im using only the usb flash drive to load my files to carve
thanks for pointing me to topics so i could fix this myself it was difficult and very nerve racking to do for sure Im still shaking a bit

By default, Chrome (and maybe other browsers) assume the connection is secure, i.e. and implied https://… I found forcing to unsecure works so the address is http://192.168.8.21 (or whatever ip address you get from your dhcp server).

Although I would expect the same behavior with a wired connection.

1 Like