Work Bench Height

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post on the forum and like a lot of people I’m trying to get things ready for when my machine arrives in July. My first job like many is to build myself a new work bench and I’m going with something that’s 8’x4’ with a sheet of Melamine MDF for the bench top.

My question is what height should I make it and I understand that people are different in heights but what do you all recommend based on your height and would you change your own bench height if you could.

Regards
Dave

Dave, I too thought about how high t make my bench. Since I have a full shop I wanted to maximize my space. My workbench top is 42" off of the floor and I have casters under each corner. With the space under the top I have room for other tools and a couple of cupboards for storage. For me this will work, it actually frees up more space in my shop. Will it work, I don’t know until I get my machine next week and get it set up.
Once it is up and running I will have a better idea but I’m happy with how it has allowed me to use the space under the bench.

Daryl

Being 5’6" I think I’m going to go with 36"or 900mm where I come from !

My plan is to build the frame similar to the one in the picture below, but have draws, cupboards, Vacuum and power ports on 3 sides similar to the one on YouTube ultimate Workbench… “”,

This will give me a 4’x4’ print for the !F and 4’x4’work area at the side with the bench on these to give mobility when needed , but stable when in use.

Regards
Dave

1 Like