X-50 Woodworker Footprint

Hi. I’d like to save some time getting everything ready for my (hopefully soon-coming) machine. I’d like to build at least a suitable table, but most probably, a full cabinet (in order to keep my noise levels down and my small workspace tidy)

I was wondering what is the dimensions of the new X-50 are the same as the well trusted X-35? What about Z axis?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Juan - welcome to the forums! The X50 only changes the diameter of the Y axis - the footprint of the machine is the same (all assuming you are not talking about the new 48" upgrade).

-Tom

2 Likes

Are you are referring to the 48 inch Journeyman upgrade? I may be wrong but I think the x50 refers to the diameter of the new rail and not the Length of the X axis rail. I’m sure the other users will correct me if I’m wrong.

I’m interested in the dimensions of the journeyman as well. I’m going to order the upgrade on the 17th and would like to start preparing a suitable table.

1 Like

Yes, X-50 means the 50mm Y-Axis size, not the length of the Y-Axis. I will admit it’s a little confusing.

-Tom

2 Likes

This is confusing and Jen cleared it up for me. When you first click on order CNC machines the “X-50” is in quotes for whatever reason and it leads some to believe it is 50". I was at work with about 8 of my co-workers and we were looking at this. It was about a 50-50 split amongst us. Some saw it as X-50 in quotes and others said it was 50". Jen had mentioned she was going to get the quotation marks removed.

Tom, that’s actually the X axis. :wink:

Doh! absolutely!

-Tom

1 Like