Y Axis losing homing on Journeyman upgrade

Hi all. I upgraded from woodworker to journeyman Rail. Just installed and pit wasteboard down. Hit ok to home but y axis will just home at its current location. I unhome, setup standard home position, set it. Then move it around and hit home to see if it will go back to proper home and it stops/rehomes in current position. I also notice when I bring y forward, there is a slight difference in gaps from left rail (tight) to right rail (1/8" - 1/16").

I know everyone’s response it that I mounted off square…not the case. I triple checked when mounting and squared diagonally between blocks (64 5/16" both ways)…perfectly. parallel measurements are 52" front and back. We are perfectly square.

Anyone have any ideas?

![20211

Best vid I could provide

Same problem with mine when I upgraded. Mine turned out to be a slipping drive coupling on the left Y rail, The only way to isolate is to un-plug one side of the Y axis cables and try to drive it around. It will be jerky with only one drive motor, but if it doesn’t move at all, then that is your problem rail. Mine would drive (with jerkiness) on the right one only, but would slip and stall on the left one. Note: It was probably loose in the past with the X-35, but didn’t make itself known until the bigger span.

1 Like

I’ll give that a try tonight