CNC platform / table / enclosure

Hey Dennis. I too want to minimize noise. I really like your plans.

Please tell me more about the frame. Did you design it? It’s conceivable to me that you might be able to order that pre-cut, parts and all.

Ordered my 1f yesterday…so it looks like I have almost 3 months to get my cramped workshop ready.

Again, looks awesome. Please continue to share your progress.

-Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for your message, and congrats on ordering a 1F! :smiley:

Indeed, this is a design I made by and for myself. I’ve based it on standardized parts that can be shipped by their respective distributors within 1-5 business days. The key element is of course the aluminum extrusion frame.

For a table that’s ± 1000 mm high and 1500x1500 mm wide and long, the 40x40 mm extrusions are:

4x 950mm extrusion 40x40, M8 threaded on one side
10x 1420 mm extrusion 40x40
8x small corner connectors
16x large corner connectors
4x M8 round rubberized feet
4x plastic cover

The rest can be sourced from your local hardware store (drywall, insulation wool, wooden panels, wiring, lighting, windows, t-track, door hinges, etc).

Let me know if you have any further questions. :slight_smile:

Oh thanks for the picture very nice.

how did it work out? do you have more pictures of it in the folded position. I ordered my machine but need to rearrange the shop now.

My machine is not delivered yet it is du the first week of February.

Finished making the torsion top tonight. Sides, bottom and wheels hopefully complete before my machine arrives on the 30th.

Hi Dennis,

It looks like you designed your enclosure with Fusion 360. Any chance you could share the model of the OF Woodworker? I don’t mind the limited details of the model. I was just about to start mocking up a model of the machine, but it is a little difficult without the machine in hand.

Thanks

Corey

Hi Corey!

Fusion360, that’s right. Ooff, I too designed it long before I received the machine. I based it off the specifications of the 1F homepage.

I’d suggest you to do the same. Sorry to let you down there, but I would hate to send you a file before checking whether my model was accurate, and for that I sadly don’t have the time at the moment. :frowning: But to make it as rudimentary as I did, it took me perhaps 10-15 minutes.

Cheers, Dennis

Dennis,

No problem, I need more practice on F360 anyway.

Thanks

@corey - I posted my design in Fusion.

Do you have to disconnect any cables to fold the table top in the down position? I love the design, but having to connect the cables every use really concerns mes.

I thought I would post my final CNC table setup for others to get ideas from as I have gotten many of them from other users on here. The only thing I don’t have finalized yet is the dust collection. Enjoy!

13 Likes

Nicely done.

Is that Masonite below the spoil board? Also, been toying with a very similar T-track and dog hole board…

@42SqFtWoodworks The top is 3/4" MDF with a few coats of wipe on poly. I am really enjoying the T-track and dog hole combo. Can’t complain.

2 Likes

Fantastic build. Very compact and well thought out.

1 Like

Nice build! Is the monitor a touchscreen? If so, please share the info on it.

Yes, it is touch screen. So far so good however it is a little difficult to touch the slider bar on the right, i’m sure ill get the hang of it though. It was suggested by @KTH71.

Amazon link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08BHTRZCK?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

1 Like

How do the legs fold out for the table?

Nice, thank you. I was looking at an Acer 15.6" which is cheaper, they also have a 21.5" for $199. It does have HDMI and VESA mounting. What purpose does the USB-C have, is it just to power the 1F OEM HMI? Saw a thread on here that the touch screen portion goes over the HDMI.

2 Likes

This looks great! I am building my table now even though my delivery is in April. I am thinking of mounting the control box on the right on the wall. Yours is on the right as well. Did you need extension cables for your setup? Thanks.