Firmware Update 1.0.8 (5/5/2021) (Outdated Firmware)

trying right now from interface, still seems to be in limbo.

does it matter if the touch screen is still on? or should I un hook it?

answered my own question, unhooked the touch screen and it updated via interface in no time. thanks for help

1 Like

After an update if I changed the jerk settings would I have to go back and do that again?
Thanks

I have just installed the 1.08 upgrade and now my laser is all over the place starts off burning correctly then gets lighter towards the end, sometimes it will miss a lot of the drawing and not fire at all.
I have tried the same saves file I used under v1.05 that I was running previous which worked great but under this version but not v1.08.
Also the Z axis in the remote is jerky and does not always respond

Next question can I go back to v1.05 in the firm ware?

I would contact support. I don’t think the upgrade itself is the problem. It could be in the settings.

I thought there was something between 1.0.5 and 1.0.7 about resaving files because of post processor changes. I could be wrong as it may not matter for the laser

I had a look in the settings trying different burn rates but to no avail.

That is not something I am familiar with I will see if I can find anything out on the forum history, thanks for pointing me in that direction.

I was thinking about Onefinity settings in the updated software that Support could help you with. Just send them an email, they have helped me in the past.

Anyone having issues with lost connection between Onefinity and Laptop? Doesn’t happen a lot but enough that it’s annoying while trying to cut a project.

You’re controller most likely has a spotty wifi reception. Move the router/extender closer or use an ethernet connection.

I am having the same issue since upgrading to 1.0.8. It was working fine on 1.0.7 and did not move the access point, router, anything else that would cause interference; access point is 8 feet away. Downgraded back to 1.0.7 but still continuing. My access point sees the device via MAC address and shows a strong signal. The Onefinity display occasionally shows it getting an IP address, but does not seem to ACK back to the DHCP server.

@OnefinityCNC I also have been experiencing IP disconnect losses since the upgrade. I have my OF plugged directly into a router so it is not a wi fi issue. Every time it reconnects my router assigns it a new IP address. I am not able to set static IPs or I would do that to solve the issue but this only started since the last update. It almost seems like the address times out after a while and resets.

Have you ever done the wifi config? Itqy be flipping to wifi and back. I had some issues where mine was swapping between the on board and the wifi dingle I added until I disabled the on board wifi. Not sure if the same would occur with wired

Yes I have the wifi disabled on board.

I am using vcarve pro and would like to know what post processor should use?

I am new and I might be in the wrong place

Not true. I got my 1F today 6/16/2021 and the version I’d 1.07 not 1.08.

You will just need to download & install 1.0.8 … it is recommended for all users.

Just follow the instructions at the top of this page.