Firmware Update Issues

I recently updated the firmware on my Woodworker X-50 from 1.09 to 1.31 and suddenly have multiple issues. Most of the trouble is related to the monitor. Touch has become unresponsive and I’ve had to use a mouse and usb dongle. Also, during some carves, the screen will go black and then return to normal multiple times. Prior to the update there were no issues with the screen. Also, sometimes the Probe XYZ process hangs and won’t complete after the probe touches all three areas of the block. I have to cancel and try again and usually it will work on the second try. This also never happened before the update. The machine also lost track of its origin after a bit change and Z Probe. I have been able to complete a couple of carves since the update, but with multiple idiosyncrasies along the way.

Is it possible the update got corrupted, or something in the new firmware makes the machine more to EM interference? Is it possible to roll back the firmware without reinstalling the whole OS? Any tips would be appreciated.

Hey Klaus,

many users stick with the very stable firmware 1.0.9. The new features of 1.2.x and 1.3.x can be seen here. They are mainly being able to select Daniel’s PwnCNC VFD in the VFD list, or the Foreman Pro for the new workarea size, or the new settings for the new Z-20 Z assembly (but these settings can also be entered manually on version 1.0.9).

1 Like

They even recommend re-flashing instead of just doing the normal upgrade process…

1 Like