Hitachi VFD Connection

Hey Moosa,

No, you control spindle speed by the MASSO G3 Touch CNC controller by g-code commands, technically on MASSO G3 not via Modbus, but by using the analog 0–10 V input on the VFD, but it’s the same pins on VFD that you could also use for a potentiometer. Please follow the links I provided, it took effort to select and insert them for you. It will lead you to Masso Documentation for spindle control.

You got to wire it this way:

A matching VFD control cable is ➪ available here.

Then entering S8000 M3 into the manual data interface (MDI) will start the spindle with 8000 rpm. The VFD of course will have to be its settings set accordingly.

Regarding the spindle motor cable, for which you use ring connectors, you need not only to choose the ring connector according to its wire size for the crimp, but also the inner diameter of the screw, ➪ as shown here. As per the manual:

Omron_MX2_Manual__ring_connector

Omron_MX2_manual__Screw_sizes

By a look in the manual, you see that you need ring connectors for M4 bolts. These will fit and won’t have to be “squeezed”.

I get the impression you did not read the manual first. It will lead you to connecting the VFD and performing a first test run with spindle, if you read it.

There is already a pin assignment table that is linked above. Okay, now I link it for the third time for you, will you click on it?

Be sure you clicked on my other links above, especially on spindle cable. This is important. I link them here again:

Also don’t forget to correctly ➪ Ground and bond all moving parts of the chassis of your Onefinity machine (see also ➪ Tools and material for grounding your Onefinity).

Also don’t forget to prepare your ➪ VFD control cabinet. A VFD is a device that is intended to be installed in a grounded cabinet. A VFD is a heavy source of EMI, and the steel control cabinet is a faraday cage that prevents spreading EMI around (considering the non-shielded Onefinity stepper cables, can lead to problems).