Joystick Controller

Thanks guys.
I’ll try the logitech first simply for the name. Hopefully it means it will be reliable so I dont have to deal with buying another controller in the future.

1 Like

Hello S.radev359,
Here’s a link to the manual for the ESM-9013
It’s listed under item 4 on the webpage.

https://www.easysmx.com/pages/download-driver

I’ve been using the Logitech F710 controller for a little over a month now and it keeps randomly losing connection. Often it loses inputs or just gets stuck at for example left or right. I cannot return this any longer (i have gone past the 1 month’s return leeway), but I do warn new purchasers that the wireless connectivity is not great at all. I have tried new batteries and several different USB ports on my home set-up but the same issues arise.

2 Likes

I should have seen this sooner😡

Can you please share how you made it work to control the z axis?

It worked natively for me. It is the other joystick (I think the right?), not the one used for X and Y.

You may need to change the mode following these instructions:

I think the “Mode” button on the controller toggles between having both sticks active, or just the one. You may have to hit that button first to get it to work on the Z side. It’s strange but can be handy for manually surfacing with the joypad. It will ensure that once you set your Z height you don’t accidentally move it at least.

I can’t believe I forgot to order the wireless controller GGRRRRRRR. well, I will build it tonight anyway. controller should be here Friday.

1 Like

I don’t suppose anyone has figured out how to get the wireless controller to stay in the correct mode yet? I got mine from Onefinity. Constantly have to switch the mode after it sleeps for awhile.

Ive started having that issue put of the blue. Spooky.

Actually, the two upper trigger buttons will lock the axis, hold left upper trigger to move only X, right for only Y (or vice versa, I’m not at the machine right now).

What would be handy is to have the lower trigger to be emergency stop, pull both. triggers same as hitting the panic button.

1 Like

Hey Bob, hey all,

the behaviour that I saw is that the mode is lost when you reboot or power cycle the machine, or remove and put back in the dongle. On those events, the system seems to reset it.

But I never had a loss of set mode after the gamepad fell into sleep and waked up again while the system is running.

1 Like