Onefinity CNC Firmware 1.2.1 (2/8/23) (X-35/X-50 machines w/ Buildbotics Controller) (Outdated)

Gary,

I always go with the fastest cards cause they can always run slower to meet the hardware. But I believe 100 is sufficient.

As far as Wi-Fi is concerned, is your wife router close enough to use a cat5 patch cable and go hardwired? Also, some of the newer security features on Wi-Fi routers can prevent connection, (I’m looking at you Ring doorbell) just to be aware.

Hope that helps

1 Like

My machine arrived with 1.1.1 I believe, but it wasn’t 1.0.9 . And then it upgraded immediately upon checking for firmware. I’m gonna give them a little more time then I’m either gonna go get my own Masso, or go back to 1.0.9

I looked at the Masso G3 (non touch) which at the time was 6 week lead time, so I went LinuxCNC using parallel ports (my day job provides me a scrap pile of old PC hardware). It worked great but the latency was a little higher than I would like - ordered the only Mesa card that was in stock - 7i96s which gave me fits to set up because it was new and required LinuxCNC 2.9… ordered the Masso… while waiting I got the 7i96s running on LinuxCNC 2.9 with no issues, then the Masso showed up so I implemented it “just because”. I may move the Masso over to my plasma build I’m working on and go back to LinuxCNC on the Onefinity… I fully understand the controller dilemma :wink:

Masso G3 has been solid as a rock, I highly recommend it. I might prefer it on the plasma build because it’s proven in that sort of high emf/rfi environment vs individual components assembled together with LinuxCNC and the 7i96s.

I had an X-Carve with an arduino that worked far better then this machine. Sure not near this strong but the controlling software was so much better and you could change things on the fly like slow down or speed up the travel speed of the router. Yes it was not as tough but I had no problems with upgrades or anything at all. After 2 syears of owning it I had to get rid of it but wish I had it back. I wonder if another $1,200 would be worth getting rid of this controller and get the Masso controller. I am on disability so for me it is tough to come up with extra money. Thanks again !!

1 Like

ahandeman
Sorry I would have answered this with my last post but did not see it. Yes my controller is hard wired to my router. Only way I was able to get to the files I wanted was to log into google chrome on laptop, type in the numbers for the controller and use the laptop as my file selector. Mine is a little different. I have a thumb drive plugged into my wi-fi router so that I could access the files from any laptop, desktop, or computer that I wanted simply by selecting network then the router name, then the folder or file I wanted. It showed up just like a drive without doing a map network drive. I could run V-carve pro , change files and rerun the corrected files without changing computers. All out at my cnc in the Garage. I have no ring doorbell or anything. Everything worked ok before upgrade. just thought they would upgrade some of the operating things like travel speed. Anyway Thanks so much.

Hey Gary,

you asked if flashing to version 1.0.9 would provide you with a stable system without issues, and I answered you “yes” above. Why don’t you simply try it?

All of us who have known the Onefinity controller for a bit longer have stuck with version 1.0.9 and are glad we did (especially after the mess/disaster of 1.1.x which was revoked). What you have to know when you use the Onefinity Controller is that “Latest Firmware” category is not forcibly “Latest stable firmware”, and that you can disable the automatic check for updates this way.

If believe you should flash the 1.0.9 image and provide you the experience to work with the Onefinity Controller without issues.

The forum is full of good experience and countless reports from successful projects made with the Onefinity Controller.

2 Likes

In support of aipha5u, I went back to 1.09 and have had ZERO problems. Yes,I had to get a new sd card to get a clean image installed, but once done, no problems. Wifi works, joypad works, uploads work, etc. Just go with a clean 1.09 install and all should be well

2 Likes

I was one who was able to make some great things til I up graded. :exploding_head:I will try with a different SD to go bck to 1.0.9 Thanks. Now when I access the thumb drive plugged into the controller and I select a file it will not even open the file. No Wi-Fi involved Things that make you go HHUUMMM. I was just hoping they had made some improvments with adjusting surface speed on the fly and better Wi-Fi like they did with 1.1.1 Good luck with all your adventures with your machine.

1 Like

Sorry Aiph5u but you are the one that told me not to post my problems in the “problems after you upgrade” and pointed me here. It is higher up in this page. 1st I am NOT mad or argravated (yet) so lets just leave that on the table. It started up when I tried to flash my SD to the latest upgrade, It corrupted my SD and my machine would not start up at all. The SD would not take the imager or even format , even with a formatter not from windows. I am one who has always grounded myself, used plastic tweezers when needed with rubber tips so all precations taken so I did not corrupt the SD. So that is one problem #1 So do I put that in how to flash my drive even though I knew how and did it by the book. When I did get it started I only got it restarted cause of a post by “ahanddeman”. I had problems even after doing number 11, do I then go to another site to explain my problems after I upgraded. That is two different pages, two different problems all caused by one problem, trying to upgrade (Flash my drive). I am not a little insecure person as you put it. I was trying to put things in the right place so that it could be properly taken care of. As I said you told me to post it on this page and not the other page… Please say what you mean and be clear about it. You mention that you have to take insecure people by the hand in a friendly way but I sure do not feel that way by you. **1st sentance You say it is not what you are saying but it sure is not what you said. ** It looked like you were from tech at onefinity because it was a one liner just before something from tech support so lease lets let “ahandeman” off the hook here. I thought it was tech support telling me the same thing when it was accually you. **PLEASE take the time and not assume others can read between the lines. Thanks for your help. Remember I am not mad just confused because one problem lead into several different Problems, Flashing corrupting things and then problems after getting things started thanks to “ahanderman”

Interesting as i have not had a single problem since i went to 1.2.1 with a clean flash

1 Like

Hi Gary,
When Onefinity told me to downgrade from 1.1 back to 1.09 I unsuccessfully followed their instructions on 4 separate occasions, each time with different bad results ranging from stalls during carves to emi issues with the screen. Onefinity then suggested a new sd card and “start again” which I did and all is good. Having worked in the software industry for many years, the 1.1/1.2 saga is not good s/w development, but in Onefinity’ s defense, testing alpha/beta versions of software in the real world, in uncontrolled environments with customers who typically are not software guys is always going to be a challenge.

Once I got back to 1.09, all is good and I am staying here until 1.3 or probably 2.0 is proven to be stable.

1 Like

Hi @ahandeman

Can you please test the G-Code issue with below patch file and let us know your feedback, Please?

Hi @wolfeman

Thanks for your feedback. If you have any issue with 1.2.1 firmware software issues, kindly send an email to developer@onefinitycnc.com, so that we will look into the issue as a priority.

Hi @Orthobill13

Thanks for the feedback. Are you available to show us the process to replicate the issue? Kindly send the details to Developer@onefinitycnc.com. looking forward to hearing from you.

1 Like

I found that if I deleted the files already loaded in the UI using, “selected” verses “all” ie., one code file at a time, my issues where resolved. Further, the “delete all” functioned properly after the individual deletion!

1F also provided a patch for this issue. I installed it even though things were working and all is still okay.

(This may be a one off, but thought I would share.)

3 Likes

Dear Group Members,

I hope this message finds you well. As part of our continuous effort to improve our services, we would appreciate it if you could provide us with your Software technical issues with the recent firmware releases(i.e., 1.2.1) (Software only).

Your feedback is valuable to us as it helps us identify areas where we can improve and provide better services to our customers. Therefore, we kindly request that you take a few moments to share your thoughts and suggestions with us.

I know you are posting on forum most of the time, and we are monitoring the issues/posts individually. In case we missed any of the posts related to issues, I sincerely apologize. However, If you want to ensure you get your problem with the firmware. Please do email us (Developer@onefinitycnc.com) with the below information.

Issue Description:

Steps to reproduce the issue:

The version of firmware:

Logs:

Video/Screenshot while the issue is happening:

Best time to reach:

Time zone:

Available for the screen share to troubleshoot the problem?

Thank you for your time and consideration. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Onefinity Development Team

4 Likes

You are very luck. while others were having problems before I was not so it just depends.

1 Like
2 Likes

@OnefinityCNC @DEV_D

Hey Guys, thanks for continuing to plug away on these issues. We understand how difficult software development can be and how easy it is to be an armchair quarterback.

I think those of us with ‘legacy’ machines feel like we’ve been with you from the start and worked together through a lot of frustrations to get this far. What worries many of us, I believe, is that you’ve learned a lot over the years and perhaps one of those lessons is that the Buildbotics controller was a great way to get started but your future is in a different direction.

If that’s the case, continuing to development two different firmware releases will be a pain and eventually the Buildbotics portion will die a slow death. Though it certainly wouldn’t be your intent to hang us out to dry, we early adopters chose 1F over other options (many of which we less expensive) because we believed in what you were building and hope that you won’t simply offer us a costly upgrade plan to the Elite/Masso build.

You’ve assured us that the Buildbotics firmware isn’t going away anytime soon but the progress on 1.1 to 1.2 to 1.3 has been very painful for many and I assume that it’s been equally frustrating for you guys. We are pleased that you’re committed to keeping our machines updated with software that adds features and fixes the bugs. If ever our frustration boils over, please know that it’s because we’ve trusted you with significant investments of ours and these CNC machines are so very critical to many (if not most) of us.

So that’s again for the communication and all the effort that isn’t always visible to us. We hope to be with you for a long time to come.

7 Likes

I would suspect the Masso firmware will continue to be developed by Masso themselves. I would hope the OF BB fork can be debugged and further enhanced. It is not as feature rich as the Masso (and others) but it is very easy to use for people getting started with CNC where as other systems are intended to be used by trained operators often with years of experience. I do miss the ability to use the game controller to jog the machine around, that was a nice feature. I do not miss projects getting blown up 12 hours into them because of a Z probe failure resetting home and work offset :frowning: