Onefinity won't turn off

When i click the power off button in the lower left corner of the screen, the device stays on. Ive waited 45 minutes, and no change. The only way I’ve been able to turn it off is unplugging it.

1 Like

Once the display goes blank you can power off the controller

1 Like

I don’t have a screen so always take to the E stop. Is this just me?

Definitely shouldn’t be hitting the estop to turn off the machine.

Flyout menu, shutdown.

3 Likes

You obviously interact with the controller somehow… So shut it down from that device and once it shows disconnected give it another 15 to 30 seconds and hit the power switch… E stop is an emergency stop… You are essentially crashing the hardware every time and putting the data at risk. This is not a onefinity issue but a data and technology issue

1 Like

Thank you for engaging, all.
On the 8" standard issue magedock purchased from onefinity, I go to the flyout menu, click on power symbol at the bottom, then select “Shutdown” to confirm.

The Onefinity logo splashscreen appears with a message “Booting…” with some code.

1 Like

I just started getting this also. I was having problems thinking it was EMI. When I found out that I couldn’t clear old gcode off of my black box I reflashed the memory card. Seems all of my problems went away but developed this on shutdown. I can reboot but not shut down. I shut it down by using the rocker switch.

@allen220 normal for rocker switch bb controllers:

1 Like