Question about controller

I just received by Onefinity Woodworker and spent some time today assembling it. Following the instructions in the manual that I downloaded. Evidently, some things have changed since it was printed. My stupid question is, how the heck do you turn the thing off? It has a push button on the controller that seems to only reboot the machine if you hold it long enough. And the shutdown command in the software just causes it to reboot, or at least try. So how is everyone turning it off?

Thanks
Ron

Have a look at this video , it will help you
https://forum.onefinitycnc.com/t/proper-shutdown-on-the-onefinity-cnc/11658

1 Like

Interesting. I had no idea they updated/changed the button on the controller. Mine is the rocker style.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, but I already looked at that video. It doesn’t work like they say in the video. The green light on the controller switch never goes out, unless I remove the power from it. And when I plug it back in, it automatically starts up the controller. Maybe something is wrong with my controller.

I have the same type. I’d love to upgrade mine to the auto off pushbutton style. I’ve gone through the shutdown process several times and forget to flip the rocker off.

My guess is your screen is still on and backfeeding it’s power to the controller, turn off the screen or remove the usb from the screen to the controller to stop the backfeed of power.

1 Like

Well, I finally got a chance to get out to my shop today and try the turning off of the screen etc. It did not work. I even unplugged every cable on the screen. It just reboots and the green light on the controller switch never turns off. I have to unplug the controller to turn it off and I’m sure thats not good for the rasp pi. Even when I first plug up the controller, it starts booting. Do you think I need to reinstall the software on the rasp pi? Everything else seems to work just fine. It homes, it works with my joypad controller, but I sure would like to shut it down properly.

Ron