Post up them projects

Maketember- 30 CNC Projects In 30 Days!

Day 3: Maketember 3: 30 Days Of CNC Projects That Sell - YouTube

1 Like

Plywood rack to hold the small wheels for my 2" x 72" belt grinder. No more of them rolling around in the drawer.

11 Likes

In process work…

Greeting card box for a friend’s wedding. Have to cut and carve the lid, then finish.

6 Likes

The (rustic) Hello Kitty tray.

What I learned making this - trying to use a centerline trace program/online utility for things I want to take shortcuts with was useless.
I had to actually draw H Kitty and then use a fluting tool path to V-carve it (vectric).

4 Likes

Made some chairs using Jackman Works’ Adirondack chair design. Everything on the chairs that wasn’t a simple rectangle was cut on the Journeyman. This is 1" cedar, and I used some seriously inexpensive 1/8" end mills from Amazon to cut out the pieces. This is them getting ready for varnish.

21 Likes

Walnut salt box

9 Likes

Almost done.

Reverse is carved with the scriptures from their marriage ceremony.

3 Likes

Marathon complete.

6 Likes

Prototype

4 Likes

ok need the file for that. how cool

1 Like

These lake bathymetry maps are easily the most popular item that I’ve been selling. Being from MN, there are quite a bit of lakes up here, and quite a bit of old rich snow birds. (people with seasonal homes)

Making the files takes the longest but once I have it made it turns into click and cut. That has made me build a library of 30 of the local lakes that I can pull from when an order comes in.

I hope to scale this to craft shows like I see some of you guys doing, but for now, I’m trying to keep up with orders. :sweat_smile:

And here is a shameless plug to my Instagram where I post often about the projects I do. https://www.instagram.com/bowden_woodworking/

11 Likes

Those look really good! I’ve been trying to find/make a good bathymetric map of the great lakes but I’m having a hard time balancing getting the amount of detail I want while keeping it simple enough to cut out.

2 Likes

Finally completed and delivered this 5’ diameter flower of life. 3 layers of 1/4" birch ply stained different each layer. Made in 1/4 sections… let’s just say alignment is critical and nothing is ever perfect !:sweat_smile: Through all the struggles, I’m quite happy with the outcome!

22 Likes

Here are a few of the items I have made.

Follow on Instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/silentmarsworkshop/

20 Likes

Go Knights!

7 Likes

nice work, do you slowly dilute the blue epoxy color as you come to the surface or does the layering of the same colour give the depth/darkness effect?

super piece Sam! Totally get the flower vibe from all aspects of it

1 Like

Yeah, that sounds like a tough task. I know I’ve seen some on Etsy so maybe reach out to those people to see how they did it or maybe purchase the file off of them? I don’t know if that’d be possible but it’s worth a shot :smile:

I second that… LOL
Very cool + want file

1 Like

This is my latest project, first round crib board i have designed and created.

![image|666x500](upload://1beNlZGI7vIezds4O6V1UoXEgLa.jpeg

12 Likes