Post up them projects

I just finished up a spatula. Send cut send for the Ti but the handle was done on the OF.

Stabilized spalted pallet wood with Manzanita accents.

2 Likes

beautiful piece, do you mind if I ask your sale price?

1 Like

Thanks Matt! You are making some pretty awesome stuff and keepin’ you CNC busy!! :+1:

1 Like

To be honest i have not thought about it and have no idea what it would be worth. I know the wood involved in making it was about $75 I made it at the request of my daughter, for her husband for Christmas, and so it will end up being a gift. Would like to know what such a piece would be worth though.

2 Likes

Ahh fair enough! I will eventually get to a point of building for pleasure.

Way to go Wolfpack! I too was on the Ranger during the Storm

What a crazy place to run into people from the Ranger. I was ships company (AMH1 in IM2 Div) from 1987 to 1992.

Outstanding grain in the walnut deer!

Im a old school machinist, all manual machines, working with wood is a new thing for me. The maple and walnut both have a nice shimmer to them and each look better in real life, as opposed to a picture. Started a second one last night for my auntie and uncle.

I made 4 deployments on CV-61. I was ships company from 77-81. Later I made two more deployments while attached to VF-1 from 90-93. I even have a Rangers last ride certificate around here someplace.

Here is a tool insert project made on the Onefinity.
Using a 3 and 6mm Datron 3 flute end mill. Note that for milling foam, conventional leaves a better finish than climb milling.

13 Likes

Iv recently been thinking about doing the same thing after seeing some of the tool box wars, yours came out great! What was your method for turning your tools into a vector file to make your tool paths?

My son is a sound engineer. I cut out some foam tool holders for my sons flight case he uses for his tools. He set the screen to actual size and placed the tools against the screen. He traced the outline of them using an illustrator package.

2 Likes

Not finished yet. But this is my first project i completed from design to cut. Wheelwell Cabinets and interior plywood carrier is next.

4 Likes

Very well done! I can concur that conventional cuts are far better with foam than climb cuts. I also wanted to mention that, when cutting “Kaizen” foam, I run as fast I am comfortable pushing the machine at 175 in/min and speed of 30K RPM, as the material wants to flex/bend to get out of the way of the bit. Using this brute force speed approach has worked very well for me.

3 Likes

Got my CNC back in June; this is my first project. :roll_eyes: I’m happy with the results, but walnut may be too dark. I may try MDF and paint it with a silver metallic paint.

8 Likes

Wow, that is really nice work!!

Well done indeed. Is there a flip side to that coin o_O

1 Like

Back is smooth. I’m thinking about engraving the back as well, but need to come up with a strategy for keeping alignment. Also not sure how to display where both sides are visible.

Finally organized my bit drawer

9 Likes