Post up them projects

Love projects with utility. Great idea. Thanks for the share.

40 years as a carpenter, newbie to CNC, love it, Onefinity is a great CNC.
I love your work.
I am trying to learn how to do this.
This is the video you recommended: How to do TEXT on TEXT using Vectric aspire. - How to Make this popular text on text sign that sells - YouTube

PS Where does everyone get free vectors from? For example I would like to make a family cabin sign but need a rough slab type vector to carve name into and cut out.

Thank you
Frank

1 Like

That is perfect, you would not believe but would you mind sharing that file, my sister had asked if I can make that very thing, I thank you

Hello William my name is Greg I have the front portion of my table cut out and a vertical clamping system I have purchased joint cam I’m hoping you will share a picture of your configuration settings in joint cam I’m having an issue with mine please sir I thank you

Nothing too fancy, but I’ve been wanting to make myself a salt cellar for a really long time. I finally got around to it yesterday.

The body is a chunk of black walnut. Lid is made from laminated scrap of cherry, walnut, white oak and myrtlewood. (Sorry about the weird color balance issue between the photos, my phone camera does weird things in lower light sometime)

14 Likes

10" tall, 3/4" thick walnut and mineral oil. 1 hour rough out with a 1/4 end mill and 6 hour finish with a1/16 tbn

17 Likes

Got my machine in July and have taken the time to learn Vcarve and the machine itself. Here is one of my first projects. End-grain cutting board with .250 deep inlay. It was great experience learning how to make this and I look forward to more challenging projects in the future.

12 Likes

Beautiful! Where did you get the hardware?

2 Likes

I had picked up a couple of these some time ago, thinking I was going to make some rotating tables for my outdoor paint booth. That still has yet to happen, so I repurposed one for this project.

Lazy Susan Hardware, 12 inch, 1,000 lbs. Load Capacity, Pack of 1 Steel Lazy Susan Turntable Ball Bearing, by Woodpeckers

1 Like

I tried one of those for a 15" lazy susan but I didn’t like the noise it made. Also the piece may have been too light because it had a decent amount of resistance. I wound up using a different style of hardware. But i’ve wanted to make a lazy susan with a static centerpiece for a while.

10 Likes

The ball bearings can be a bit noisy without a load. I’m sure there are probably better options. But once it’s loaded up, it’s not too bad, which it will be during actual use. Love what you have done there! Looks great.

2 Likes

thank you, likewise. Great work

Welcome to the forum. That’s a great inlay piece. I really like the gold pop of the maple? on the black walnut. Very well done and fits nicely into the South American theme! Cheers!

1 Like

Hi Greg, Thanks for the note. You now have me worried. I recently upgraded to an 80mm water-cooled spindle, wired everything up, etc. Have not gotten around to trying JointCam with this set up yet. I’ll have to go out and play.
My settings seem pretty blank; however, I will want additional commands for my new spindle setup. Machine width is the vertical pit width only, but I think you have that. I hope upgrades have not messed with our g codes.

I’ll attempt a screen shot set up that seemed ok with the router.

1 Like

Update posted on the Jointcam category within this site.

1 Like

here is my first config
Shot 0013Smaller
Here is revised that works
Shot 0014
as you can see on the startup Codes 1 I removed the % this was causing the errors, after that it worked, but then I added the M3 S1 to the startup code2 line so that it will start my dust collector and router, this one works yeppie

So I have had my 1F for about 6 months.
I am continually amazed at what this machine can do.
Here is my latest project.
I purchased the file online.
The wood is teak and the finish is mineral oil and beeswax mixture.

Enjoy
Mike

9 Likes

A last minute rush job for a coworker’s daughter to break in my journeyman gantry upgrade. A softball trophy shelf.

Not my most finely finished piece, but i didn’t expect a cold snap to make glue ups and finish drying difficult.

10 Likes

Is that a vacuum table?

1 Like

4 Likes