Post up them projects

2 Likes

New lumber cart.

Cuts from a half sheet of 3/4 plywood and (8x) 2x3s. Fun organizational project.

9 Likes

Thank you
I am learning a lot (and having a blast) :smile::crazy_face:

1 Like

Designed my own 2 1/2" dust collection blast gate.
Purely a proof of concept idea, I wanted to see if I could do it.
Created in VCarve, cut on my WW X50.
Made from a pine board in the scrap pile- I don’t think it will actually get used. I’m thinking the “collar” parts would probably collapse if I were to try squeezing the hose on with a clamp.
Fun little project when I was bored, and I needed a break from making things for everyone but myself :wink:

13 Likes

First 3d carve. Made this plaque for a Navy buddy of mine.

10 Likes

ok i keep seeing this topic and i look at it again and again but i do not see where the beginning or the end is to actually post up my projects in this thread where do you “insert yout project” ?

Hey Robert,

you see on the right, at the end of the scrollbar, there are two icons. One is an angled arrow, the other is a bell. It’s the angled arrow. You got to move a bit up so that it appears, it disappears when you’re at the end of the page.

3 Likes

Hi Mike.
Love it. Looks to me like the thicknexx of the collar would be more than enough to withstand the clamp pressure.
Would you mind sharing the file. I would love to test it out as buying the blast gates can get very expensive.
Thanks

1 Like

Sure thing if I can figure out how to post an attachment file.
blast gate.crv (29.5 KB)

3 Likes

Very nice. But instead of carving the hose adapter, try this. Carve a recess instead and epoxy an actual piece of plastic pipe in place. Less carving, more strength.
Pony

That file is in the Carveco facebook users group file section. Its a public group so you should be able to join it if you are not already.

As someone who canceled his Facebook account a decade ago, I am thrilled when people post here instead there.

13 Likes

Made this ottoman tray out of walnut finished with Arm-R-Seal Satin. Tray is 18 in x 24 in.

12 Likes

So this wasn’t the first thing I have made, but it is the first one that wasn’t super boring.

It is a coin shelf for a good friend that retired from the Marines. It is made out of English walnut, with a maple inlay.

Made plenty of mistakes and learned a ton. It was a two piece carve. I carved the base first, screwed up the engraving, pivoted to an inlay to cover my mistake, and used the laser in the light wood to redo the text. The name and rank were engraved and filled with epoxy, and the rank insignia was masked off, hand painted and carved in multiple stages. The top piece was carved face down so that the shelves were blind on the front and there was no joinery showing.

I somehow only got one photo of it before I gave it to my friend. The most nerve racking part was the cross country plane ride with it in a suitcase.

6 Likes

Business Cards

14 Likes

Those are beautiful! What sort of wood did you use?

I looked into doing business cards with RFID chips in them a while back but ran into a couple of issues with the wood being so thin and put it on hold. I’d like to revisit it some time though.

The cards in the pic are cherry.

My first project even before I trimmed the X-axis. It was a quick learning experience using Vcarve Pro software.

6 Likes

This is the latest project, although many in-between - this is my first using Aspire which I recently upgraded from Vcarve pro

6 Likes

Picture of my next Catan board in the production fixture.

7 Likes