Post up them projects

This will be one of my project when i have more confidence. But les Paul is my favorite guitar of all time. Looks awesome

Total agreement about Lester! When you start carving on it please be sure to keep us posted on progress and lots of pictures too.

1 Like

The cutting board isn’t a CNC project, though I did flatten it on my 1F.

11 Likes

Ready to slot on bandsaw

Ready to hotglue in place
epo
Epoxy time

Tung oil finish
Ready yo cut the cheese

5 Likes

Busy weekend.

6 Likes

22 Likes

Could you share where you picked up the Air Force file? I have a V-carve file but yours is much more crisp and stands out well.

1 Like

HI,
What are the dimensions of this piece? How long did it take to carve?

BIGDAVECNC - Etsy is where I got the military insignias. 20$ pack had all branches. price is going up soon because he is adding space force to the pack.

25.5x14 inches. total carve was 42 hours, but that was with jerk at 1000. new projections are 24 hours with jerk at 14000 and plunge at 100

1 Like

Version two of my spatula. This time with a sliding dovetail that goes full length to fix the problem of handles popping off.

Figured walnut with a madrone dovetail and stainless pins.

6 Likes

That last one is amazing!

Thanks sold it in a day

1 Like

Cherry Harley ( i know) 12 3/4 x 8 3/4 x 1/ 1/8

14 Likes

Did you make these files or buy them? I would love to make these for my mother.

1 Like

Nice work, they look so clean and smooth! Any tips on minimizing sanding? If I were to try this I’d have lots of little attached fibers.

well i do brush all of that off with a steel brush. I have some nylon brushes on the way. My final pass on 3d carves is usually with an IDC 0.015 r 10 degree TBN it leaves very little behind. 8% step 50 ipm, 25 plunge

1 Like

Knocked out a rear dust hose clip for when I use the PWN dust shoe(not in this picture). Yeah, it looks kinda gnarly, the block came from the scrap wood box. :wink:

6 Likes

One for my cousin

5 Likes

Beautiful color. What did you use to finish it?