Torsion box size

Hi everyone, my first post here so hope you Onefinity users can give me some guidance?
I am U.K. based and being semi retired am now working from a small home workshop, and am used to the discipline of utilising every centimetre (or inch if you are still imperial measurements)
My available work space for a CNC is 55” x 42”
I make end grain chopping boards, jewellery boxes and house name plates so I don’t believe I need a huge CNC.
I am thinking the Onefinity Woodworker 32” x 32” will be sufficient for my needs but am trying to figure out what size torsion box would be required?
I have seen some amazing wall mounted and drop down systems, but I would prefer to just have a static table set up within the space parameters I have?
Any advice and guidance would be really appreciated.

Check out the manuals found at https://www.onefinitycnc.com/support

The Woodworker has a minimum foot print of 44-1/16" x 45-7/8". I would suggest that an additional 4" each way to give you a 2" margin around the machine. You may need to consider a wall mount to run vertically rather than horizontal.

Dirk (aka Dirkus)

1 Like

Hey Guy,

this is a frequently asked (and frequently answered) question. See here.

Welcome to the forum!

Im sure i read somewhere about not mounting Elite machines vertically.

Dont make it from 25mm mdf. Weighs a ton. I have a journeyman and i could not lift it on my own

1 Like

Hey Andy, hey all,

it’s written here:

The wall mount is NOT compatible with any ELITE Series Machines.

However I read in the forum that some people doubt that it’s not possible.

The difference between Elite and PRO Series are the stepper motors and the CNC controller.

I like Lee’s @TDE Fold Down Wall Mounted CNC Table or William’s @WmColl46 flippable table with vertical clamping possibility.

See also

1 Like