Vacuum won't start automatically

I have an Elite Woodworker that I just set up about a month ago, Since the first operation, the vacuum will not automatically turn on when I ‘play’ the program. Router starts fine, but not the vacuum. Anyone else have this issue or no what I might have done or not done?

Does your gcode have the required m8 command to turn it on?

Hi,

Can you please direct me to something that may demonstrate how to implement the M8 command? I am currently having the same problem.

Its in the post processor you can find the correct one on this forum but I thought 1F sent one that works to all the CAM program folks, mine is for Vectric.
Hope this helps.
Pat

Thanks Pat.

Your help is appreciated.

Erik

We did, but it’s very recent so your either need to:
Be on Vectric 11 and update the online post processor list
Or
Be on Carveco, delete it, restart, reinstall it (with the latest updates) and it will be included.

Glad to be able to help a little here, I have gotten so much help here as well, not sure if you plan on doing Rotary machining but that also requires a different post processor, I found out the hard way.
Have fun
Pat

LOL! Finding out the hard way is all too familiar!

Thanks for the heads up about the rotary machining.

Erik

I have the M08 command - yes

I know probably a stupid question, but have you checked you circuit breaker, since your masso and vacuum are supposed to be on separate breakers?

1 Like

No. How can that be when the controller has outlets for both the router and the vacuum. The router runs fine.

most likely the fuse is blown. It’s a 10amp fuse, so ensure you vac maxes out at 10amps (including initial power up draw). (FYI: The fuse can ‘look’ fine yet still be blown. If you know the router fuse is good, try swapping that into the vac port fuse and visa versa to confirm the fuses are good).

1 Like

Do you have a Onefinity controller? I do, mine has a sticker on the back of it. Took a picture for you. Might be the reason you blew your fuse. A vacuum is a motor and motors can have a large draw of current. Your router will not pull as much.

1 Like

Yes I have a Onefinity Controller. Mine looks the same as yours and the fuse is fine. I have been operating by plugging the vacuum into a separate circuit. So, what is the plug for then on the Controller that says “vacuum”? Also, somewhere, Masso or Onefinity referenced the router and the vacuum starting when you run the program.

This is from the Onefinity Elite literature:
Built in Auto on/off router outlet
Built in Auto on/off Vacuum outlet
How is this possible if the vacuum is plugged into a separate circuit?

did you see our reply?

Yes I read the response. When I get home, I’ll try the swap with the router fuse. Not hopeful though…my Shop Vac draws 8.4 amps and this is a slow blow fuse. My vacuum has never run when plugged into the controller.

Thomas,

From what I can tell the vacuum will turn on if you plug a vacuum or anything you want into the controller, however the male plug in the controller for the vacuum, it says vac ac, needs to be plugged into a circuit on a different circuit breaker.

I hope that makes sense.

Lars

Was there supposed to be a separate power cord in the Elite Woodworker packaging to be able to do that?

Hey Thomas,

did you check the M8 (Turn flood coolant on) command by entering it manually into the command entry field of the manual data interface (MDI)?

If you have an Elite/Masso controller and Elite power supply, it should switch the power on on the NEMA 5 socket labeled “VACUUM” on, but only if it is powered by the separate C14 power inlet which is positioned below this one.

:warning:

Usually in this forum, if you have a “Onefinity Controller”, which means the CNC controller was hardware- and software-forked from Buildbotics and is further developed and produced and assembled by Onefinity, you mean the Buildbotics-derived Onefinity Original Series CNC controller. It’s the controller explained here.

If, on the other hand, you have an Onefinity Elite Series machine, your controller is a MASSO G3 Touch CNC controller, with a proprietary power supply / relay unit which was developed, produced and assembled by Onefinity (not by MASSO).

:warning: So either you have a “Onefinity controller”, which means the (buildbotics-derived) CNC controller produced by Onefinity, found on X35/X50 Original Series, or you have the “MASSO G3 Touch controller”, found on Elite Series.

See also