X50 X limit set to 812?

Started to tram my spoil board and doing an air cut I discovered when jogged fully to the right (after homing) the X value was only about 800 (can’t recall exact figure right now). I tried a G90 G1 X1219 F1000 and got a limit error. Looking at the X motor, indeed the soft limit was set to 812.

Seems like something is setup wrong, the soft limit should be 1219mm (48") and the readout should be 1219 when far right. Am I mistaken?

Interesting in that the 812mm soft limit would be what I would expect for the Woodworker series cut area of 32" (812.8mm).

1 Like

Hey Dave,

regarding jogging with the arrow buttons on display or with the gamepad, it is always moved by a certain step width. Therefore, you can only jog to the axis end if the set step is possible again. If the remaining distance is smaller than the set step size, the step is not executed.

With g-code commands, you can move to the very limits of the machine, but it may be you have the configuration defaults for the wrong machine active (Woodworker instead of Journeyman). Load the correct machine configuration defaults.

2 Likes

And where do I find these settings? Looking…

How To Reset The Configuration To Defaults

Note: There is a search function in the forum :slight_smile:

For the Journeyman, go into Motor 0 setup and change max-soft-limit to 1223 mm. Then you can do the full 48.125" on the X axis.

1 Like

Onefinitycnc once posted:

1 Like

I would have sworn I did the reset with J50 but maybe I goofed and hit something else. After reset I now see the correct value and G1 X1220 F1000 works as expected.

1 Like

Just make sure that it’s less than the physical limits. When you get to max-x there should still be some daylight between the z-gantry and the end of the rails.

1 Like