Size of Dust Collection hose for Suckit Pro

Hey Bub, hey Dan @DaddyDan,

the other day I wrote this: What is the best dust boot for Onefinity?. It doesn’t really answer the question but provides you with links.

I also wrote What is the difference between a workshop vacuum cleaner and a dust collection system? and concluded that according to the most reports, the best for Onefinity is not a shop vac but a dust collection system (for the reasons explained), however recently I read this report of the use of a workshop vacuum very comparable to mine (that I did not yet intend to use on the Onefinity CNC), which leads me to the assumption that if you use a shop vac, you should use a dust boot that unlike Suckit Dust Boot or the onefinity-green PwnCNC v8 (sold exclusively as part of the Onefinity Infinite Dust Collection Kit) (see also PwnCNC v8 on PwnCNC website), you should use a dust boot that does not restrict the cross-section area of the hose’s cross-section area (here: 70 mm circular diameter (imperial: 2½″)) like the PwnCNC v7 or the Nighthawk, and that you should not use the 35 mm / 50 mm hoses of the shop vacuum, but rather the optimal hose diameter of 70 mm troughout the entire length, especially when you connect a cyclonic separator between dust boot and shop vacuum. By the way, I also own one of these pocket thicknessing planers, and it has a 70 mm outlet too, and you can assume that a thicknesser produces not less (rather more) chips than a CNC router.

1 Like